View Full Version : Inca Bandsaw

Jim Barrett
03-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Craigslist posting:
http://images.craigslist.org/3Md3Je3H95I95Kb5M3d394a22a854ee601e14.jpg

Wants $325 for it. Not sure how it runs. I know parts for these might be problematic...looking for a small bandsaw right now.

Jim

John C Bush
03-10-2013, 1:33 PM
Hi Jim,
I've had this saw for 20+ yrs and it is a good machine. It was given to me by a retiring pro WWer. New they were ~~$700. I use graphit guide blocks and can use 1/8" blades for scrolling and used 1/2" for resawing (9" height???) before I got the 21" Griz. Mine came with an assortment of attachments for the fence and miter but I rarely use them. I keep a 1/4" blade on it and use it for quick cuts and curvy things. I keep a 1" blade on the big saw for big stock and use the Inca as a sidekick for lighter cuts . Glad I have it and $325 seems reasonable if it's on a stand with motor and good to go. If it were your only BS it would be reasonable to consider a bigger saw for more verstility but it is excellent for scrolling and lighter work. Need more info let me know. I have the original manual too.Good luck, JCB.

Jim Barrett
03-10-2013, 1:36 PM
Thanks John, hoping to check it out today if it has not been sold already.

Jim

John C Bush
03-10-2013, 1:42 PM
Hi Again,

Just noticed you are on Whidbey, I live in Edmonds. Garret Wade had carried parts for Inca but not sure if they still do. I have relpaced one thrust bearing and new guide blocks in 20 yrs with modest use. Let me know if I can help with anything. JCB

Jerry Miner
03-10-2013, 1:45 PM
I have this saw, too. It has been a good, reliable machine but I'd be nervous about buying one today, due to the lack of support, as the manufacturer closed up shop several years ago.

You might be able to find some old parts from these guys (I bought my saw from them years ago):

http://www.eagle-tools.com/

Jim Barrett
03-10-2013, 9:44 PM
I have this saw, too. It has been a good, reliable machine but I'd be nervous about buying one today, due to the lack of support, as the manufacturer closed up shop several years ago.

You might be able to find some old parts from these guys (I bought my saw from them years ago):

http://www.eagle-tools.com/

I ended up coming home with this BS...model 342.186. Needs tires otherwise pretty clean. Has a 3/4 hp motor under the stand so not an integral motor like some I have seen. Definitely need some hex keys for this machine...need hex key 2.5 mm for adjusting the thrust bearings or guide blocks...tension is also driven using a hex key.

Jim

Rich Riddle
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I used an Inca 259 table saw today and the Inca 550 jointer planer as well. They are well-built Swiss tools (green models), and work quite well as long as you don't abuse them. At the price it was listed, it's about half the going rate. You can join the yahoo group for Inca and find many answers. Jesse at Eagle Tools can get you most parts should you need them. If you're gentle, you likely won't need them.

Phil Thien
03-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Eagle Tools has some parts machines and parts inventory from which they can supply parts.

But Inca is still in business, in France. Their web site basically just provides a way to contact them.

http://www.incamachines.com/

I have ordered parts from them. They are very accommodating and nice to deal with.

I no longer own an Inca bandsaw, but the 10" Skil bandsaws I have now are very close to the Inca design, maybe a bit better actually.

Mike Leung
03-11-2013, 4:04 AM
Good find Jim!
I have an Inca 10 1/2" myself and its been a joy to use. When I bought mine, I sanded the rubber tires so they were even and true. I also upgraded mine with ceramic bearing blocks and thrust bearings. Mine came with a fence with micro adjustment and a small miter gauge. My Laguna with a resaw king is set up for resaw and tenon cutting only so the Inca handles all other bandsaw cuts.

Edward Orecchio
02-22-2015, 5:07 PM
I've got a Laguna 14 sub but what I wNt is a second small bandsaw to keep a 1/4-1/8 blade on. Thoughts?