PDA

View Full Version : How thick should the line be .......

Mick A Martin
03-09-2013, 4:58 PM
I am new to the laser section and I have a question regarding cutting a .5" grid in paper, what is the minimum line thickness I need to be able to cut both side of the line. In my example below I have a .050 line width could I go smaller?, my example is a 3" x 3" square total size.

Joe Pelonio
03-09-2013, 5:42 PM
On my laser a line must be .001 or less to cut, otherwise it will engrave. Check your manual, as it may be different.

Doug Griffith
03-09-2013, 5:58 PM
I'm guessing you are referring to spacing between the squares. .050" seems doable. If it were me, and I wanted very tight spacing, I might stick the paper down to a disposable sheet of MDF using a light coat of tacky spray mount. I wouldn't go all the way through the MDF. Remember to account for half the width of the kerf on each side.

Mike Null
03-10-2013, 7:39 AM
Mick

Cut lines in the Trotec are set to "hairline". Anything wider than that will not cut rather it will raster. You can set Corel to default to an RGB red hairline. Read your manual as far as using the Trotec color palette. If you don't have one yet just let us know and one of us will email it to you.

Martin Boekers
03-11-2013, 9:42 AM
Mick, now that you are a full fledged laser guy, we look forward to more participation
in this area of SMC. It's nice to wake up some mornings and find out that dreams really
do come true!

Congrats with the new Trotec!