PDA

View Full Version : Full Spectrum Laser DEAD AGAIN

Bert Kemp
03-08-2013, 7:21 PM
Well this is the third time this thing died. I have had this laser 6 months and in that time its been broke down 4 of the 6 months. I called for support they told me they would no longer help me. They threaten to sue me for defamation, because I tell it like it is. Hey if the machine breaks down I'm gonna tell ya about it. They tell me now that they won't honor their warranty on the power supply that I think is now dead. I'm not totally sure as they won't tell me what is wrong. But when I press test buttons the meter does not move and theres a red light on the power supply. So my best guess is thats what it is.They told me that if I didn't remove the 1 star rating I gave them after they screwed me on a tube that they would no longer honor their warranty or give me any help with this laser. I didn't tell anyone this but when I took the machine in last time for the tube that didn't work after 100 hrs ,they forced me to sign some agreement saying I wouldn't tell anyone how they were to deal with or they would sue me for $5000.They told me if I didn't sign it they wouldn't fix the laser that I just bought 4 mo. earlier and drove 300 miles because they said bring it in they would fix it for free. Then after they put the tube in told me I had to pay $200 bucks. So what am I to do if I refuse they have my 2350$ laser and I can't get it out till I pay and sign a stupid contact.
So here I sit again with a broken laser and noway to get it fixed. Seems theres a great job opportunity out there for laser repair. If anyone can help with getting this thing going again with out it costing me an arm leg and my first born contact me. Im in AZ so someone in AZ would be nice.

Ross Moshinsky
03-08-2013, 8:15 PM
Did you pay with a credit card? If you did, contact them and refute the charges. They'll likely back you.

Amos De Pasquale
03-09-2013, 7:04 AM
Bert, so sad to read your experience; hate it when companies are just there to take your money. I'm over the other side of the world and down under, or else would be only to glad to lend a hand. If it is the power supply, there are some suppliers on ebay that may have a universal supply that suits. Amos

Mike Troncalli
03-09-2013, 7:40 AM
Bert,

Hey, it's me.. Mike T.... I would have responded via email but I changed computers and lost your email address... I have an idea that I am throwing out there for anyone's else's thoughts. I found a K-40 (i think) on craigslist here in Dallas for $300.00. Guy said it was brand new, just didn't have time to use it. Anyway from what i understand the K-40 and the FSL-40 uses a lot of the same basic parts. I know that you don't want to spend any more $$$ but I wonder if that might be a good way to get parts at a reasonable cost... anyway, just a thought for what it's worth.

Bert, don't get mad at me, but I had to call FSL tech support 2 days ago. I switched the computer that runs my laser and had to download a newer version of RetinaEngrave software. The software would not work with my laser. I sent an email and they responded within 2 hours. After 2 or 3 exchanges over a period of another 2 hours they called me at my business. The tech support guy remote logged into my computer and found the problem. (Most of it was with my virus protection software). Anyway he got me up and running in no time. (My machine is out of warranty). I know your history with them has not been good and I am so sorry about that...

If anyone here on the forum knows in more detail about compatiblity between the k-40's and the fsl-40 please join in. We need to help OL' Bert out.. He is a really good guy...

Bert Kemp
03-09-2013, 8:09 AM
I paid with google wallet linked to my debit arg wasn't thinking.

Bert Kemp
03-09-2013, 8:15 AM
Thanks Amos I've been looking at ebay and there's lots of power supplies problem is I don't know which one would work with mine. Then there's always getting it in stalled I'm no electrician .

Scott Shepherd
03-09-2013, 8:39 AM
If I live to be 100, I'll never understand some people that run companies. If they had to give you $500 in parts to make you happy and avoid their name being trashed on forums that have 1000's of potential customers, and have those complaints end up at the top of the list when someone searches for their products, they should have done it. Instead of spending $500 to make this go away, they'll now lose selling dozens of lasers over the next year.

I just don't understand it. I understand you can't give away the farm and give and give and give to all customers, but every once in a while, you have to take the loss and make it right.

Bert, there are some very talented electronics people on this site. My suggestion would be to start a new thread, explain in detail the issue and let them collectively walk you through diagnosing it and resolving the issue. Take photos and post them so they can see what you're looking at and I'm confident the Creek will get you up and running. Then maybe you can sell it and move to something more reliable with better support.

Rodne Gold
03-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Any power supply capable of driving a 40w glass tube should work , they all the same. Any generic 40w tube will work too.

Mike Null
03-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Bert

I second Steve's (Scott's) suggestion.

Jesse Anderson
03-09-2013, 11:14 AM
May i also give a suggestion Bert. You should be able to find a store that will be able to work on your machine. It might cost u a bit of money. Any electrician will be able to put a power Supply into a machine. Its almost like changing a light bulb or a battery. Find the right one. Then put that baby in the hole.....

Jerome Stanek
03-09-2013, 4:48 PM
I would email G Weike to confirm if it is one of their lasers and if it is they can help you get the proper power supply. FSL supposably gets their lasers from Weike

Keith Outten
03-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Before You Rant Read This December 20th, 2010

"It is the intent of SMC to permit the airing of concerns regarding the suitability of a particular product, or the quality or sufficiency of customer service provided by a vendor in any particular instance provided there is not a breach of contract component involved.

However, these threads often deteriorate into a "piling on" and develop a very negative tone. That doesn't assist other viewers in assessing the overall advisability of whether to buy this particular product, nor to assess the overall customer service provided by that manufacturer/vendor.

In order to be fair to the many vendors that provide woodworking products, the following policies will be in force:
The original poster must have first contacted the manufacturer/vendor and have attempted a solution PRIOR to posting the thread.
The original poster should provide factual details of the problem, and details of efforts that have been made with the manufacturer/vendor to rectify the problem.
Subsequent posts must be limited to suggestions to the original poster to assist in rectifying the problem - not to pile on because you had similar problems.

SMC is a woodworking forum. The intended purpose is to provide a community in which useful information may be shared among the members. Threads that do not achieve that purpose will be locked, or removed if necessary." SawMill Creek is not a Court of Law and we are not in a position to judge a breach of contract case here, therefore SawMill Creek will not become a stage or a courtroom for a legal dispute between two or more parties, it just isn't our mission.

Keith Outten
03-09-2013, 10:49 PM
There seems to be a breach of contract issue here or at least the possibility of one.
There have been people piling on which has caused me to have to remove several posts.