PDA

View Full Version : Shop Tour

Dennis McDonaugh
05-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Here's some pictures of the shop I took last week. No digital camera so I have to snap, develp and scan.

The first picture is of the Grizzly 1018HW jointer and Jet cabinet saw/outfeed table. The saw faces the front of the garage so I can feed long stock from outside the shop. It does have one drawback, I put quite a ding in the tailgate of my truck with a kickback from a piece of white oak.

The second picture is of the sharpening station, router table, portable tool storage, Jet drill press and Woodsucker. Everything is on wheels and can roll out when I need to use it. I need to replace the short radius pipe with a long radius pipe, but haven't got around to it yet.

The third and fouth pictures are of my workbench, front and back. The top is yellow pine. I did a pretty crappy job glueing it up and had to use a scrub, nr. 7 and nr. 4 to flatten it. I still haven't made the drawer fronts after four years, but I did manage to drill a finger hole in the front of each drawer. The drawers hold portable power tools and power tool accessories. I store commonly used clamps on the backside because I don't have wall space for them.

The last shot is Katherine's lathe and scroll saw and the tool chest I posted on the neander site. She does a lot of craft type work and makes parts for larger projects I'm working on here.

Mark Singer
05-07-2005, 1:06 PM
Dennis,

Your set!! Make some great stuffin there!

Guy Baxter
05-07-2005, 1:49 PM
Dennis - Nice shop. Do you have any worries about placing the dust collector so close to the water heater? I've been avaoiding that arangement even though it would save me some room, plumbing, and reduce noise.
GB

Dennis McDonaugh
05-07-2005, 2:28 PM
No problems so far Gary, but that heater is for an apartment over the garage for when the kids visit. Its not used that often and then usually for a few days at a time.

Frank Pellow
05-07-2005, 2:39 PM
Thanks for the tour Dennis. It looks like you have a small well equiped shop. Just what are the dimensions?

Ralph Steffey
05-07-2005, 3:28 PM
What would the ELECTRIC water heater have to do with dust collection?

Dennis McDonaugh
05-07-2005, 3:48 PM
Thanks for the tour Dennis. It looks like you have a small well equiped shop. Just what are the dimensions?

Its 20 X 24 Frank, but there is a water heater in one corner and a water softner in the opposite corner for which I had to make a lot of compromises.

Bob Noles
05-07-2005, 4:44 PM
Dennis,

That is really a nice looking shop. I know you are as proud as we are for you.

Now you be sure to post more pictures after you get it a little messy.... you hear?

lou sansone
05-07-2005, 6:28 PM
hi dennis

nice looking shop. I like the shop tour installments ( as you probably know :D ). It give us all some time to focus on your hard work in putting it together. Looks like you have tried to assemble a pretty decent list of equipemnt. The bench will really look good when you put the drawer fronts on. Keep up the good work

lou

Harry Goodwin
05-07-2005, 6:53 PM
I like that air compressor place in a small shop full of stuff. I did buy a small compressor to give me some easy moving. Harry

Corey Hallagan
05-07-2005, 7:24 PM
Dennis, nice shop, I really like how you have it set up. My favorite part of your set up are the items you have made yourself, Work Bench, Benchtop Tool Cabinet, Mitersaw station with dust collection hood etc. I think I could manage a few nice benchtop tools if I had a cabinet like that. That workbench looks great even if it is unfinished. Really nice job!

Corey