PDA

View Full Version : Finally I have pictures

Gordon Eyre
03-07-2013, 5:40 PM
As promised, here are the pictures of my new bandsaw that I won during the last SMC drawing. There was a part missing and I could not get it setup until yesterday. I still have the extended fence on back order but other than that it works great. I cut my first board last night and was impressed with how quiet it is and virtually vibration free. You will note that I purchased the extension for it which expands the resaw capability to 12" from the original 6".

I am 6'1" so you will get a feel for the size of the machine with the extender in place. The saw blade increases from 93.5" to 105" with the extender. Fortunately I anticipated that and ordered three 105" blades.

Larry Browning
03-07-2013, 5:48 PM
Gordon, that looks great! I know you will have many hours of fun using your new saw.

BTW: May I be the first to say: YOU SUCK!

Bruce Page
03-07-2013, 6:09 PM
Congrats Gordon! That's a fine looking bandsaw!

Bill Wyko
03-07-2013, 6:10 PM
Congratulations Gordon, I too have a Grizzly BS, I don't think I could get more features and a quality build anywhere for even more money. Very happy with mine, you will be too.

Cyrus Brewster 7
03-07-2013, 6:23 PM
Really cool! I know you will enjoy it.

paul cottingham
03-07-2013, 7:01 PM
Very nice! And you do, indeed, suck.
i am considering that saw, so would you be so kind as to give us your impressions of it after you have used it for a while?

Harold Burrell
03-07-2013, 8:44 PM
Gordon,

May you have many Years Of productive Usage from your new bandsaw.
I speak on behalf of everyone here at SMC when I say, congratS and good LUCK!

Gordon Eyre
03-07-2013, 8:45 PM
Thanks all I am glad to finally get it set up and working.

Harold your message is a crack up.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-07-2013, 9:39 PM
Congratulations Gordon! Nice looking bandsaw! May it serve you well.

Keith Christopher
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
I have the same bandsaw (didn't win mine however. :) ) you're gonna love it. First thing though, get new blades the one is comes with cuts lousy. Well mine did anyway.

Paul Saffold
03-07-2013, 10:48 PM
You look like a happy camper. Good for you. Looks like a nice setup.

Gordon Eyre
03-07-2013, 11:32 PM
I have the same bandsaw (didn't win mine however. :) ) you're gonna love it. First thing though, get new blades the one is comes with cuts lousy. Well mine did anyway.

The one that came with it doesn't fit because of the extension so I bought three new Timber Wolf blades.

You look like a happy camper. Good for you. Looks like a nice setup.

Thanks Paul and Ken.

Andrew Hughes
03-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Nice looking Gordon,I am glad you won it.That is pretty funny Harold

Carl Beckett
03-08-2013, 7:58 AM
This is GREAT!

Not only that you won a great saw, but the entire giveaway promotion was awesome!!!

Thanks again to the admins at SMC!!

John Bailey
03-08-2013, 8:21 AM
Congratulation Gordon,

Of course, now we expect to see some pictures with saw dust -- and soon!

Brian Kincaid
03-08-2013, 9:54 AM
Gordon,

May you have many Years Of productive Usage from your new bandsaw.
I speak on behalf of everyone here at SMC when I say, congratS and good LUCK!

That's clever, right there.

Thanks for the pictures Gordon, looks like a lot of fun!

-Brian

Richard Coers
03-08-2013, 10:02 AM
That's a hoot! You can't assemble a contest winning machine because a part is missing! "Well sir, we have some good news and some bad news." LOL! Glad it worked out, congratulations on the win!

As promised, here are the pictures of my new bandsaw that I won during the last SMC drawing. There was a part missing and I could not get it setup until yesterday. I still have the extended fence on back order but other than that it works great. I cut my first board last night and was impressed with how quiet it is and virtually vibration free. You will note that I purchased the extension for it which expands the resaw capability to 12" from the original 6".

I am 6'1" so you will get a feel for the size of the machine with the extender in place. The saw blade increases from 93.5" to 105" with the extender. Fortunately I anticipated that and ordered three 105" blades.

Jim Finn
03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
I have an older version of your saw and installed the 6" riser also. The only use I have for this saw is to resaw and I find that woodslicer blades or carbide blade$ are best for resawing. Woodslicer blades are cheaper than the carbide blade$ but dull pretty quickly in my opinion.

Gordon Eyre
03-08-2013, 2:15 PM
That's a hoot! You can't assemble a contest winning machine because a part is missing! "Well sir, we have some good news and some bad news." LOL! Glad it worked out, congratulations on the win!

Actually Richard I was very excited and happy about the win and so when I discovered that the quick release tension lever was missing it was not a big deal. I was glad to wait the week and a half to receive the part and the Grizzly customer service people were very helpful and pleasant to work with. I also had to borrow a large box wrench which I did not have. Now that it is up and working I am a happy camper.

Ronald Blue
03-09-2013, 11:04 AM
I have to say I am Grizzly GREEN with envy. Congrats and Harold said it best but he obviously needs to spend more time in the shop..LOL.