PDA

View Full Version : Dayton 6Y002 15" band saw

Steve Hudson
03-07-2013, 4:56 PM
Has anyone ever used one of these Dayton 6y002 band saws? I found one in the warehouse at work today and my boss said I should take it home and "store" it there for a while.
It needs a couple of pieces to repair it but wanted to be sure it was worth spending the money on first. Total cost of parts will be less than $200.00

Thanks,
Steve

Cyrus Brewster 7
03-07-2013, 6:31 PM
Steve,

After a quick check, it appears to be a discontinued unit. But for less than $200 in parts, I do not think you could go wrong. This is definitely a used tool purchase that you will not lose any money on should you upgrade later. This is a cheap way to find out what you want in a bandsaw.

The main thing I can think that may give you a problem is the availability of tires should you need them. I did however see them on ebay for $32. I say go for it.

Steve Hudson
03-07-2013, 9:11 PM
I have new tires included in that estimate. Grainger still stocks parts for it

thanks

steve

Jim Andrew
03-07-2013, 9:20 PM
I'd ask the boss first if he is going to want it back after you get it fixed up? Or is he going to let you keep it?

Steve Hudson
03-07-2013, 9:36 PM
Yes he is. He's buying the parts as well.

Tai Fu
03-10-2013, 2:44 PM
I have a bandsaw looking like this, but has 1 1/2HP motor and 18" throat/wheels. No idea who made it but the instruction manual says Dayton but has no model number... one of the "joys" of buying machines in Taiwan is the maker do not always reveal who they are because they are making machines for so many companies that there are about 100 NDA's they had to sign...

Bruce Page
03-10-2013, 4:27 PM
Yes he is. He's buying the parts as well.
Then it is a no-brainer. You have a very cool boss.