PDA

View Full Version : Nieuport 24 R/C scale model kit

Kay Bengtson
03-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Here is an example of one of our later offerings, an 8th scale Nieuport 24. We have ~100 designs of WWI and Golden Age R/C scale model airplane kits. All cut with our ULS 25ER with a Testra controller.

Kay

Joe Hillmann
03-07-2013, 1:03 PM
I took a look at your website, that is a lot of offerings. Do you design each one from the ground up or lasercut other peoples plans?

Also, do you do the vacuum orming yourself or do you source that out?

Kay Bengtson
03-07-2013, 1:38 PM
I took a look at your website, that is a lot of offerings. Do you design each one from the ground up or lasercut other peoples plans?

Also, do you do the vacuum orming yourself or do you source that out?

I have designed all from the ground up except nine of them and of those, I heavily adapted those too to my standards. As for vacuum forming, I only have a couple kits that use parts that are plastic and for those, we bought the parts from independent suppliers. We have enough in stock to last until we retire those models. After that time, we won't be using any vacuum formed parts. They are too difficult to ship and are very costly.

Kay

Joe Hillmann
03-07-2013, 1:58 PM
Maybe your website says but, what does a person get when they order a short set and what to they have to source on their own?

Mel Fulks
03-07-2013, 2:25 PM
Joe,your mailbox is full.

Kay Bengtson
03-07-2013, 2:25 PM
Maybe your website says but, what does a person get when they order a short set and what to they have to source on their own?

We sell short kits which contain mostly laser cut parts made of balsa and plywood. They also include rolled original plans plotted from AutoCAD and neoprene tire material and in most cases, a printed illustrated manual. ( They are downloadable to allow the customer to see what is involved to build the kit. ) The extra parts not included are miscellaneous metal parts such as music wire and brass tubing and sheet/strip stock easily obtained from hobby shops. Most builders commonly have these materials in their shops anyway. This format allows us to offer one of the widest selections in the business without having to invest in the labor to stock and pack full kits. It has been a very successful format for over ten years. In the more expensive kits with higher parts counts, we do offer sheet stock and laser cut strip stock as in these selected kits, the extra labor is minimal.

Kay

Walt Langhans
03-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Great looking plane :) It's odd but I can fly real ones, and I used to be really good at racing RC cars, but I've always been afraid of spending all the time building it and then putting it into the dirt 30 seconds after take off, lol.

Kay Bengtson
03-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Great looking plane :) It's odd but I can fly real ones, and I used to be really good at racing RC cars, but I've always been afraid of spending all the time building it and then putting it into the dirt 30 seconds after take off, lol.

Walt, Nowadays, it is really easy to learn using R/C flight simulators for the PC.You can crash and crash with no ill effects on similar aircraft styles then flying the real thing is much easier. Not only that but most start with simpler models like my Bristol Scout which is really easy to fly and build then they graduate to the more complex builds.

Kay

Walt Langhans
03-08-2013, 9:28 AM
Walt, Nowadays, it is really easy to learn using R/C flight simulators for the PC.You can crash and crash with no ill effects on similar aircraft styles then flying the real thing is much easier. Not only that but most start with simpler models like my Bristol Scout which is really easy to fly and build then they graduate to the more complex builds.

Kay

We have a Hobby Town USA near me and any time I'm in there I play on the RC Flight sim, I've gotten to the point where I can get it off the ground, circle, and land it (well bounce and slide it a bit, but it's in one piece lol) and I keep say that I want a plane or Helicopter but I just don't have the time, but your planes are making it harder to resist :)