PDA

View Full Version : Delta 36-655 Tablesaw

Lloyd White
05-07-2005, 9:48 AM
I'm just getting into hobby and need some help on a tablesaw purchase. I'm looking at a Delta 36-655 (this may be a Canadian model number). I was hoping someone could look at the manual on the Delta web site and tell me what kind of fence is on this saw and any general opinions about the whole saw in general. It really looks like the new Sears one (not available in Canada) except for the fence. Price for this Delta would be about $675.00 US.

Thanks in advance.

scott spencer
05-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi Lloyd - The 36-655 is a Canadian model. As far as I know it's a hybrid with the table mounted trunnions. The fence doesn't look like any other Delta offering here in the states. It's not the old aluminum Delta t-fence, it's not the newer T2, it's not a Biese, a Unifence or a Unirip fence. It has some similarities to the fence on the Sears 22104 and 22114 3/4 cabinet saws, but is also a bit different. The miter gauge fence looks identical to the one on the new Sears 22114 and 22124.

Maybe the folks at Canadianwoodworking.com could answer better. That model's been available in Canada for a couple of years now, and I've know several members on that site own one.