PDA

View Full Version : The latest addition to my family

jason thigpen
03-06-2013, 8:16 PM
I'd like to introduce y'all to my second son, Barret. He was born on January 8th and is now eight weeks old. I've been waiting to get this picture taken so I could post it up here. The photographer thought I was crazy when I mentioned bringing wood working tools to use as props. I even grabbed some scrap pine and made some shavings. Once the photographer saw the tools I brought, she became really excited! She thought I wanted to pose him next to a cordless drill or circular saw! Not quite. Hope y'all enjoy!

Mel Fulks
03-06-2013, 9:01 PM
Congratulations ! The portrait is delightful ,too. He will treasure it.

Shawn Pixley
03-06-2013, 9:26 PM
Beautiful child! Overshadows the planes however! (And they are very nice planes)

Dave Parkis
03-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Awesome picture!! Congrats on the babies!!

phil harold
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Did you steam those planks of wood, to get that curve?

nice addition!

Jim Koepke
03-07-2013, 2:55 AM
Nice picture, is that why we call them little shavers?

jtk

Dave Anderson NH
03-07-2013, 9:39 AM
Normally SMC strongly discourages cross posting to other parts of the Forum. In this case wearing my moderator's hat I strongly encourage you to cross post to the general woodworking forum.

That photo would be my candidate for "woodworking photo of the year"

Well done on both the photo and your new son.

Bob Jones
03-07-2013, 9:43 AM
Congrats! I hope you are getting some sleep. The first few weeks are the hardest.

Scott M Perry
03-07-2013, 9:50 AM
That is too cool. Congrats!

jason thigpen
03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Thanks for all of the great comments guys! And Dave, thanks for permission to cross post. I figured the Neander forum was more appropriate due to the planes. And also, Barret was delivered naturally at home by a midwife. When we go Neander in my house, we go all the way!

Sleep deprivation hasn't been too much of an issue at this point. We have been blessed with babies who enjoy sleep just as much as Mom and Dad do! The most rewarding part of this whole experience has been watching my oldest son get to know his little brother. Makes me swell with pride!

bob blakeborough
03-07-2013, 1:32 PM
Congrats man!

David Weaver
03-07-2013, 1:40 PM
Congratulations. Nothing else in the world like kids.

Gordon Eyre
03-07-2013, 3:48 PM
Love it, very creative picture of your new son.

Jim Neeley
03-07-2013, 4:25 PM
Thanks for all of the great comments guys! And Dave, thanks for permission to cross post. I figured the Neander forum was more appropriate due to the planes. And also, Barret was delivered naturally at home by a midwife. When we go Neander in my house, we go all the way!

Sleep deprivation hasn't been too much of an issue at this point. We have been blessed with babies who enjoy sleep just as much as Mom and Dad do! The most rewarding part of this whole experience has been watching my oldest son get to know his little brother. Makes me swell with pride!

Congratulations, Jason.. It don't get any better than this..

Jim in Alaska

Bruce Page
03-07-2013, 6:13 PM
Very cool picture. Congrats to all of you!

Don Orr
03-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Outstanding in so many ways!

Jim Matthews
03-08-2013, 4:20 PM
I'm genuinely confused.

I thought that when a Mommy and Daddy really loved each other...
How long does it take to make a kid, your way?

jason thigpen
03-08-2013, 7:18 PM
I'm genuinely confused.

I thought that when a Mommy and Daddy really loved each other...
How long does it take to make a kid, your way?

The toughest part Jim, was the glue up.

Jim Matthews
03-09-2013, 1:15 PM
The toughest part Jim, was the glue up.

Eww... I do not want to see your dispenser, thank you very little.