PDA

View Full Version : Lenox Bandsaw blade costs

craig carlson
05-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi,

I'm cross posting this to my favorite two wood forums.

For your information I just bought 6, 105" bandsaw blades from my local bandsaw dealer.

1. Lenox Flexback 3/4" wide 3 tpi $20.32 ea

2. Lenox flexback 1/2" wide 4Tpi $17.28 ea

3. Lenox flexback 1/4" wide 10TPI $17.28 ea

For a bi-metal blade take the total price and double it i.e. 3/4 would be $40.62 ea. etc.
For a Tri-Master carbide 3/4 wide try $200.00! Sharpening would be $35.00 per blade which does not include
replacing any teeth that might be missing.

Our T.V. celeb, who is local to me , uses the bi-metal blades from Lenox.

F.W.I.W.

Craig

Alan Turner
05-07-2005, 5:08 AM
Craig,
I am interested in your comments about sharpening the Lennox carbide. My first one met up with a drywall screw broken off below the surface of some wood, and looks fine, but does not cut well. I called my regular sharpening service, and learned that the cost was less than replacement cost, so I bought a second. Saved the first, and if I can get it resharpened reasonably, I would do so. BTW, Iturra charges $170 for the 1" Lennox carbide, at 161".
Can you pos the name and #, or URL, of this fellow? Thx.

Mike Cutler
05-07-2005, 7:50 AM
Craig. I'm not sure of the actual intention of your post, but here is my feedback.
The prices for the first 3 blades you have listed can be beat by about 25-30% on the internet, but they are not bad prices overall. The Bi-Metal is about 20% higher in price than the internet, but still not a bad a price. The Tri-Master is significantly over priced. It can be found for about a 33% savings on the net.
I don't want to violate the terms of SMC by posting the link. If you do an internet search on "Lennox Tri Master" one of the hits will be for the "tool center". It's a nice site and the guy that runs it is very knowledgable and personable. Other members use this site also. ;)

Darren Ford
05-07-2005, 8:20 AM
Mike, its ok to post links. I believe this is the one to which you refer.

http://www.toolcenter.com/Lenox/woodworking-cut-to-length.htm

Mark Singer
05-07-2005, 8:40 AM
I have been paying about $170 for the 1" carbide as well from Jesse at Eagle Tools @ 161"

craig carlson
05-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Hi', It's me again. The was no intention the post other than to give a reference point for the prices that I paid for saw blades from a local Lenox blade shop in Rohnert Park Ca. (Hastings Saw). Yes you can most always get a better price on the internet but this guy is just down the road from me and sometimes the net and mail order is just to much of a pain to deal with.
Craig

nic obie
05-07-2005, 1:19 PM
Craig,

Is Hastings Saw the outfit that will sharpen band saw carbide blades for $35?

Mike Swindell
05-07-2005, 9:29 PM
You can also try www.carbide.com they are in Ventura and have very good prices on blades, at least on table saw blades not sure about bandsaw but they only carry Lenox.