PDA

View Full Version : APPLE and COCABOLA

Allan Ferguson
03-05-2013, 11:39 AM
7/12 x 4" lid on vase, WTF, no finish on the lid. thick walled due to bark indention.

Bernie Weishapl
03-05-2013, 11:44 AM
I like it. The wood contrast looks good.

bob svoboda
03-05-2013, 1:35 PM
Not a big fan of such a wide base. However, in this case it gives it a nice, stable look. Love the wood combo.

Eric Gourieux
03-05-2013, 4:01 PM
Looks nice, Alan. The base might be a tad wider than I prefer, but overall it looks really nice

Mike Golka
03-05-2013, 4:12 PM
Very nice wood combo but I have to agree with the rest on the base, a bit too large, nice shape otherwise.

Brian Kent
03-06-2013, 8:42 AM
My opinion is different on the base. If the box is functional rather than only display, a stable base like yours is more important than a small base.

Allan Ferguson
03-06-2013, 9:28 AM
Kent. I have received comments concerning stability from potential buyers for such items. I had intended to remove the the base and decided to go for the added stability. Artistically the small tucked in base would have been the answer. As it is you could place poor kitty's ashes inside and silicone the lid down.

Ron Ford
03-06-2013, 6:19 PM
Beautiful piece - I really like the way the two woods compliment each other.

This may be an abbreviation known to longer term site users, but does WTF stand for (I'm guessing) Watco Teak Oil or maybe something else?

Thanks for sharing this excellent turning!

Billy Tallant
03-06-2013, 7:06 PM
Looks great! I like the wood combo, looks good together.

Brian Kent
03-06-2013, 8:36 PM
Beautiful piece - I really like the way the two woods compliment each other.

This may be an abbreviation known to longer term site users, but does WTF stand for (I'm guessing) Watco Teak Oil or maybe something else?

Thanks for sharing this excellent turning!

Wood Turners Finish, but it catches me off guard when I see the initials :).