PDA

View Full Version : There go my recorded Woodworks and NYWs

Rob Blaustein
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
There I was sittin tall--just changed my cable subscription so I could get Dave Marks's show and record them on my ReplayTV along with New Yankee Workshop, and a bunch of other stuff (mostly dreck--hey there's another word we haven't heard in a while, Mark S.). I had 10-15 episodes of each and poof, now they're gone. My ReplayTV, which has been acting up lately (but that's a story for another forum), crashed yet again, but this time when I put in the necessary info, it rebooted and showed an empty hard drive--tabula rasa, as they say. Shoulda put them on DVDs when I had the chance (like I have time for that?). Easy come, easy go I guess.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Rob, sorry to hear about that. Recently a woman at work lost a hard drive and lost all of her vacation photos from earlier that year. Technology, it's great, but sometimes it breaks! :)

Jim Becker
05-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Doh!! I hate when things like that happen...

'Just points out that we all need to be consistant in backing up things that are important to us, whether on our computers or on other devices. So many of the digital devices we all depend upon have data that we might want to be able to easily restore should a problem occur...DVR, MP3 players, our wireless phones, computers, etc.

And yea, I'm guilty of not being a judicious on this as I should, either...

Mark Singer
05-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Rob,

You are wrong on this one I use dreck all the time....I see a lot of Dreck and if you eat in the wrong resturant...you will know what dreck is! Dreck is a very popular word in my vocabulary....more so than shlameel although there are many shlameels around too.:eek:

There I was sittin tall--just changed my cable subscription so I could get Dave Marks's show and record them on my ReplayTV along with New Yankee Workshop, and a bunch of other stuff (mostly dreck--hey there's another word we haven't heard in a while, Mark S.). I had 10-15 episodes of each and poof, now they're gone. My ReplayTV, which has been acting up lately (but that's a story for another forum), crashed yet again, but this time when I put in the necessary info, it rebooted and showed an empty hard drive--tabula rasa, as they say. Shoulda put them on DVDs when I had the chance (like I have time for that?). Easy come, easy go I guess.

Jerry Olexa
05-07-2005, 11:01 AM
I feel your pain......Bill Clinton.

Daniel Rabinovitz
05-07-2005, 3:00 PM
Well, what a hoot!
Sounds like you guys are just kibbitzing around.
Daniel
ps We have Directv here and a Panasonic DVD recorder.
Go TIVO!
Oh! but a 1990 vintage RCA 32 inch TV - maybe have to upgrade one of these days - when the dreck on ABC, CBS, NBC leaves.