PDA

View Full Version : Where to find these salt and pepper inserts w/

Ernie Nyvall
05-06-2005, 9:34 PM
I made these out of mesquite and bought the inserts at Packard or Woodturners, but I'd like to find some with different colored tops ie. bronze, titanium etc. Does anyone know of a place.

The turnings are a bit off eek, but I have an excuse. Will get back to you when I remember what the excuse is, but there is bound to be something.

Ernie

Oh yea, I made them different on purpose.

Robert E Lee
05-06-2005, 9:46 PM
Ernie They have silver for $.40 http://store.woodturnsstore.com/prsu.html if that helps any.
Bob

John Hart
05-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Those are pretty cool Ernie. Man! I'm going to get in trouble with all these ideas!

Blake McCully
05-07-2005, 7:52 AM
Ernie,
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but, google Chef Specialties. They are located in Western PA and have a nice selection of mill inserts. Their prices are much better than CSUSA. One caveat, they do not supply instructions for preparing raw blanks and other turning instructions. Apparently they are designed to replace existing hardware.

I broke down and ordered a pepper mill kit from CSUSA so that I could get their instructions. Once I have that, then I'll buy my mill innards from Chef Specialites.