PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here

Nikolas Konvalin
03-04-2013, 7:07 PM
First I would like to say hello to everyone at Sawmill Creek.

My name is Nikolas and I am a young woodworker(I am 20 and started at 12) who is currently learning all that I can about woodworking.
I enjoy using Hand tools as much as possible.
I am glad that there is a site with so many woodworkers that are willing to share their knowledge, experience and projects.

I look forward to to helping out in any way that I can and posting projects as they come up.

That is all for now.

PS. I want to say thank you to all of the moderators and admins for running such a great site.

Gordon Eyre
03-04-2013, 8:01 PM
Welcome Nikolas, this is a great place to learn and to share woodworking skills.

Von Bickley
03-04-2013, 8:36 PM
Welcome......

Glad to have you with us.

Larry Browning
03-04-2013, 9:00 PM
Welcome Nikolas. It's always great to get new members. Tell us about your shop and what's in it. Also, we LOVE pictures! They are required when a new tool is involved.

Bob Rufener
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Welcome to this wonderful woodworking site. I think you will find most everyone to be extremely helpful and more than willing to share their knowledge. There is so much to learn. It has made me truly in awe of the work that many of the members have completed. Don't be afraid to ask as the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Nikolas Konvalin
03-05-2013, 2:38 PM
Right now my shop is 35' x 18' in my walk out basement and is about 40 degrees f right now and is usually 55-60 in summer(I am going to build a shop in the next 12-18 months).
in my shop(These are the power tools) I have an old (but good) Craftsman table saw(use to be my great grandpa's) a Dewalt 12" planer a Hitachi router combo (fixed and plunge bases) that I have in a Bosch router table(I will be making a new one because the Bosch table is ok but not what I need) I have a 16" Craftsman scrollsaw(also greatgrandpas) and a Rigid Oscillating spindle sander .
I also have a Hitachi 12" dual bevel mitersaw on a portamate stand. Now for my favorite tools...Hand tools, I have a Pfeil 6pc boxed chisel set(from woodcraft) I have a Bailey No.4 No.5 and No.5 1/2 Hand planes I have a Stanley No.71 1/2 router plane and a G12-220 block plane a Lakeside 8" spokeshave and a J.S Cantelo folding spokeshave lastly I have a few handsaws(also greatgrandpas) I have a bunch more tools but do not feel the need to list them as this list should let you know the majority of what I have.

I will post pictures of my shop(work in progress)soon.
I move to KY about 9 months ago so I am still getting the shop setup and organized.

Larry Browning
03-05-2013, 4:01 PM
Sounds like you have great start on a really nice shop. 35X18 is nice size area, most of us would envy having that much space.

Nikolas Konvalin
03-05-2013, 4:23 PM
My current shop is much bigger than the shop at my previous house which was 12' X 12' and I am filling it out nicely and am enjoying the extra space.

Jim Rimmer
03-06-2013, 1:26 PM
Welcome to the Creek. You'll like it here.