PDA

View Full Version : Bostitch Brad Nailer Problem...

Joe Suelter
02-17-2003, 1:05 PM
Do any of you have one...On mine the yellow plastic nose piece keeps popping off, and now it won't stay on. Any ideas? I really like this nailer...is it okay to use without that piece? It seems like it would slip around without it? I've seen a few nailers & staplers at Lowe's on the discount table (used returns would be my guess) that where also missing these pieces, so I am assuming this is a common problem. Looking for some feedback.

Kurt Krauter in Indy
02-17-2003, 3:14 PM
Hi Joe:

I have the bostich nailer and also had the little yellow tip come loose. I found that I was able to just push it back on and as long as I wasn't really torqing (?) down on the gun, it stayed on.

I also think that even if you can't keep that thing on, it wouldn't be the end of the world...the brad nailer doesn't use a great deal of force and I found that I didn't leave any real noticable marks (at least none that I couldn't readily cover with filler).

Speaking of filler...I found a pencil type by FamoWood that really worked well and just wiped level with a rag with mineral spirits. Worked like a charm. They have several colors available.

Good luck,
Kurt