PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 17" Anniversary Bandsaw - Photo.

Shiraz Balolia
03-04-2013, 3:51 PM
There was a recent post about these bandsaws and some members were wondering about what it would look like.

Here's a picture. The 17" model is G0513ANV. A 14" model is coming soon.

http://i49.tinypic.com/5dsav4.jpg

Matt Day
03-04-2013, 4:00 PM
Wow - very cool Shiraz! I like the black and the graphics really pop on it.

Will it be 30% off for the 30th anniversary? :)

Neil Bosdet
03-04-2013, 4:30 PM
Aside from the paint and graphics, will there be any other differences the 513? Will there be a 19" anniversary version?

Cheers,

Neil

Shiraz Balolia
03-04-2013, 4:42 PM
Matt - no such luck, although the price is very good!

Neil - No 19" version coming, and nothing different other than looks from the regular G0513 model.

Thanks.

Rod Sheridan
03-04-2013, 5:34 PM
Shiraz, congratulations on 30 years, well done.........Regards, Rod.

Shiraz Balolia
03-04-2013, 5:48 PM
Thanks, Rod!

Dave Lehnert
03-04-2013, 6:55 PM
WOW! That's just way too cool.
17" bandsaw has been on my list for long time now.

Rick Moyer
03-04-2013, 6:56 PM
Are they in the showrooms yet? Might have to pop in to Muncy and take a look at one.

Joe Angrisani
03-04-2013, 6:59 PM
30 Years!!! Well done, Sir! You've changed the landscape; you must be proud. My hat's off to you....

Carl Beckett
03-04-2013, 7:01 PM
Shiraz, congratulations on 30 years, well done.........Regards, Rod.

+1 on congratulations! 30 years... wow, that went fast. Been buying Grizzly tools from the relatively early days, and its been fun to watch the growth and expansion. Keep it up!!!

Joseph Tarantino
03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
love the color. not sure about the bear, though.

Paul Shaffer
03-05-2013, 7:11 AM
Thanks and congratulations. Looks great. Can we expect to see more anniversary "black" machines throughout the year? I just got a bandsaw recently, but I might need a planer... ;)

Shiraz Balolia
03-05-2013, 9:50 AM
Thanks, everyone! Yes, the landscape's changed quite a bit and continues to evolve.

The 17" Anv. model is in stock in Springfield, MO and other locations should be getting them within the next few days or weeks. At this time only the two bandsaws are planned, but..................

John Coloccia
03-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I guess no chance we'll see a 30th anniversary woodworking drill press? Maybe it will be around for the 40th, eh? :D Congrats, Shiraz!

Matt Meiser
03-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Shiraz, congrats on 30 years.

+1 on the drill press. You've got 2 competitors there. One has a nice drill press but is trying really, really hard to destroy their reputation and the other just can't seem to consistently build good ones. If you'd had a good one a year ago, I'd have one in my shop instead a silver and black one.

Matt Day
03-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Shiraz - how long with this introductory sale be going on? I need to know how long I have to plant the new-bandsaw-seed and work on the LOML!

Andrew Joiner
03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Beautiful work Shiraz. I'm so glad your passion for machines has brought us 30 years of Grizzly.

I'm happy with my current Grizzly 21" bandsaw. If I got the new black saw I'd feel compelled to wax and polish it like a fine automobile!

Shiraz Balolia
03-05-2013, 7:41 PM
Shiraz - how long with this introductory sale be going on? I need to know how long I have to plant the new-bandsaw-seed and work on the LOML!

For the next few months, so I would say through summer, unless we get sold out.

Thanks.

Harold Burrell
03-06-2013, 4:05 PM
Shiraz,

BEAUTIFUL saw...and congrats on 30 years! It is oh so very refreshing to see a company that has been doing as well as yours for so long that is still trying every bit as hard to provide good products and outstanding service. Thank you for that.

Keith Outten
03-06-2013, 9:39 PM
I should also add my congratulations to Shiraz and to Grizzly for their 30th Anniversary. Possibly a thank you would also be appropriate as I still have my very first Grizzly machines, a 15" planer and my dust collector that I bought over twenty years ago. Of all the machines I have ever owned these two have more running hours than I would have ever thought possible. The dust collector seems to run almost constantly, these days it serves my CNC Router and my Laser Engraver among all the other woodworking machines in my shop.

Congratulations to Grizzly Tools !

Jeff Morton
03-06-2013, 9:46 PM
Shiraz, congratulations on 30 years of great products and prices!

Keith Hankins
03-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Hard to believe but I've had my g0513 for 10+ years now and no issues. I upgraded the original guides and added the lowprofile fence. Paired with a laguna carbide blade its a beast. Nice looking saw.

John Bailey
03-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I have to add my congrats to Shiraz for a job well done. I got into woodworking just about the same time that Grizzly got started. Although I've chosen, and enjoyed, restoring vintage machines, I've bought many smaller items from Grizzly and always received extraordinary value for my dollar. Even their lower priced machines -- I did buy their cheapest 6" jointer -- present a great value and work very well.

The bottom line is that Grizzly has opened the possibility of buying quality machines to those who would otherwise not be able to afford higher priced machines. That, in itself, is cause for celebration.

By the way, will the anniversary model be referred to as the "Black Bear" model.

Thanks again Grizzly!!

Mike A. Dawson
03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Congrats on 30 years! What an accomplishment!

Any chance there will be some table saws receiving the same treatment?

David Nelson1
03-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Count me in........ wait oh not a give away! :D Congrats on 30 years in business, its tough!

Bill White
03-09-2013, 6:05 PM
Happy 'versary there Pappa Grizz.
Now let me get back to workin' with some green machines.
Oh, The 0555LX has been a great add-on in my shop.
Thanks for all you bring to the WWing community, and the fact that you are accessable.
I don't know anybody at Delta, Porter Cable, blah, blah, blah.
Bill

Jim O'Dell
03-09-2013, 6:55 PM
Happy 30th Pappa Bear! There are many here, including me, that are really happy with our Grizzly machines. Jim.

Rich Riddle
03-18-2013, 8:06 PM
I visited the Grizzly showroom in Muncy, PA on Friday with a friend and took the following snap shots of the bandsaws, including the anniversary model. Officially for the wife, we only spent $5.87 while there.

Don Bullock
03-19-2013, 11:24 AM
I guess no chance we'll see a 30th anniversary woodworking drill press? Maybe it will be around for the 40th, eh? :D Congrats, Shiraz!

wow!! That's shrp looking. Chongratlstions Poppa Grizzly on your 30th. That's fantastic!

I might be able to coax LOML into thinking that I need one on the band saws, but a fill size drill press would be an easier sale.

Michael Koga
03-25-2013, 4:33 PM
Wowza, this is going to be a budget stretcher. I've been searching craigslist for a decent 14" band saw for the last 3 or so months for less than $400, but that 14" is bee-you-tea-full!

And I noticed I missed out on that 10% coupon that ended yesterday.......... :-(

Oh well, it's only money.......

Doug Ladendorf
03-27-2013, 4:16 PM
Can I just say I'm drooling? That is one gorgeous bandsaw. Congratulations on 30 years Shiraz. My Grizzly machines have been good to me, but the best thing is you stock parts! Here's to another 30 and then some.

Dan Barber1
03-29-2013, 2:41 PM
Shiraz:

Beautiful machine. It almost makes me wish I had waited a year or two to get my 513X2 bandsaw except for all the great work I've been able to do in the intervening time and the things I've built with it. Great machine and operates flawlessly. I also have a Griz drill press that I've had for about twenty five years that I'd like to upgrade but the thing just keeps on running and I can't bring myself to replace it. If it weren't for Grizzly hobbyists like me wouldn't have the tools to do what we do. Thanks so much for the great tools and a wonderful company.

Dan Barber

Cody Colston
03-29-2013, 10:37 PM
That's a beautiful machine but I'm still partial to my original GO513. :D I never planned on going "Grizzly" but somehow ended up with a shop full of Grizzly machines. The value was just too good to ignore. Congratulations on 30 years and I hope Grizzly has thirty more.

george wilson
04-07-2013, 8:20 AM
If IU were to buy the new bandsaw,I'd have to spray over the bear,sorry. The bear head is bad enough,let alone the whole bear. And,I have bought probably about 8 or more Grizzly machines during my job as toolmaker for the museum,and for use at home.