PDA

View Full Version : Just call me......Grandpa!

Biff Johnson
03-04-2013, 12:30 AM
First grandchild born today! Welcome grandson Case at 8 lbs 7 oz!

What a flood of emotions that I didn't expect! Can't wait to get him in the shop...good thing I recently bought a micro-lathe!

Wait, does this mean I have to start acting responsibly?:eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
03-04-2013, 1:21 AM
Congratulations Biff!

Grandkids are much more fun than kids ever were! All the fun and none of the responsibilities. Spoil 'em and send 'em home!

Rich Engelhardt
03-04-2013, 6:43 AM
+1 to what Ken said.

If I'd have known how much better grandkids were, I'd have skipped the kids part and just gone right to the grandkids ;).

Spoil em & when they get crabby or stinky - send em home!

Good grief no!!!!
Just the opposite.
Get used to hearing, "Pay him no mind, that's just grandpa being grandpa". :D

Joe Bradshaw
03-04-2013, 8:16 AM
++1 to what Ken said. I have two grandsons, 22 and 12. The really great times begin around three. They are fairly well house broken and can hang out with you. You can teach them all kinds of things, like pulling Pa's finger. Seriously tho, you have some wonderful times ahead. Grandkids listen to you, unlike your kids. And being a woodworker means that you can teach them many things. I was able to teach my oldest fractions of an inch without him being aware that he was learning something new. Have fun.

Gordon Eyre
03-04-2013, 12:35 PM
I have 35 grandkids and they are a joy. I hope you have fun with your new grandson as he grows up.

Warren Johnson
03-04-2013, 3:11 PM
Gordon,
How do you keep the names straight?

Gordon Eyre
03-04-2013, 8:02 PM
Gordon,
How do you keep the names straight?

With great difficulty.

Jim Rimmer
03-05-2013, 1:23 PM
First grandchild born today! Welcome grandson Case at 8 lbs 7 oz!

What a flood of emotions that I didn't expect! Can't wait to get him in the shop...good thing I recently bought a micro-lathe!

Congratulations, grandkids are a real joy. But you know the rules here, no pics - didn't happen. :D

Steven Green
03-14-2013, 1:27 AM
I've got nine althoug three are on a different coast so I only get a shot at them maybe twice a year. The guys are right, they listen to you. teach easily most of the time and will give you hours of happiness. Congrats. Note the signature though

Don Morris
03-14-2013, 4:08 AM
I have 5 degrees, including a doctorate. But the most cherished title of all is when I'm called Grampa. There's something about it that just makes your spirit rise when the grandchildren see you and their faces lite up and they call out "Hi Grampa!"

Rod Sheridan
03-14-2013, 8:31 AM

First, congratulations on your first grand-child.

Second, you're now a grand-father, they don't have to act responsibly, in fact their purpose in life is to spoil the kids and exact revenge on their parents for all you had to put up with while raising them.

Once they're broken, you give them back to the parents...............LOL..................Congrat ulations again...........Rod.

Lee Schierer
03-14-2013, 9:05 AM
Congratulations, grandkids are a lot of fun. You get to make baby furniture, wooden toys, toddler furniture, study desks, and lots more fun stuff. We have our grandkids parent free for at least a week each summer. This year we're thinking about having all four at the same time and take them camping.

Biff Johnson
03-14-2013, 8:50 PM
Thanks gang! Even though he doesn't do much yet I am still enjoying spoiling him (and his Mom!).

Paul McGaha
03-14-2013, 9:04 PM
Congratulations Bifff,

It's a cool thing to be a grandpa.

Dang Gordon, 35 grandkids, I have 10 and people say I have a lot.

PHM

Bernadette Semilla
03-15-2013, 5:55 AM
Congratulations! Post pictures of the little tyke when you can :)