PDA

View Full Version : My version of a Wave Bowl

Greg Just
03-03-2013, 2:43 PM
I was fortunate to be able to attend a hands on demo given by John Beaver who was in the Twin Cities this weekend. The Minnesota Woodturners Association sponsored John's visit. I there were hands on demos Friday and today and a group presentation at the University of Minnesota yesterday. Here is my attempt at a Wave Bowl. It is ash and walnut that measures about 3 inches tall and 4 inches wide. Overall I please with the outcome although like anything you do the first time you can certainly improve on it the next time. John is a great guy and very willing to share this process of creating this great looking bowls. Doug Swanson (SMC member) was also there.

Anthony Cayll
03-03-2013, 2:52 PM
Very nice bowl. Walnut and ash, perfect match.

John M. Smith
03-03-2013, 3:36 PM
Would love to see the process for this. Yours looks great.

Doug W Swanson
03-03-2013, 6:21 PM
That turned out great, Greg! I hope mine turns out as nice as your....

John Beaver puts on a great demo. Very nice guy and it's refreshing to see someone share their 'signature' technique.

Timothy Mann
03-03-2013, 7:07 PM
Greg I think you did a wonderful job on this. If John ever comes to Maine to do demos I will be there, I have admired his turnings for some time and would love to see him in person turn one. Good job.

Greg Just
03-03-2013, 8:10 PM
That turned out great, Greg! I hope mine turns out as nice as your....

John Beaver puts on a great demo. Very nice guy and it's refreshing to see someone share their 'signature' technique.

Thanks Doug - I too am glad that John shared his technique.

Steve Mawson
03-03-2013, 8:35 PM
Looks a lot like my first one, like your combination. Yep John is a good guy and a good teacher.

Kathy Marshall
03-03-2013, 9:37 PM
Looks great Greg, nice job!