PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered tools from carbide tools site?

Jack Gaskins
03-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Was wondering if anyone has any of the carbide turning tools from the carbide tools site that uses the router cove bits for cutters.

Jack

Jeff Gilfor
03-03-2013, 8:04 AM
I've ordered just about every brand EXCEPT theirs. Funny, but I never felt that the price was right, and they have so manny choices as to be confusing to me.

PSI sells the exact same type of tool that will accept router bits. I spoke with the guys at the PSI retail store (I live near there here in the Philly area). They told me that it is really advantageous to those who use routers, and have bits thatbtheybwouldmotherwise throw away to get some use out of them when too dull for routing purposes. They tell me that it does not work as well as the dedicated carbide tools out there.

Jack Gaskins
03-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Good to know. Thanks.

Eric Gourieux
03-03-2013, 11:34 PM
I have one, and it's just ok. I agree that they offer no advantage over carbide.

Jack Gaskins
03-04-2013, 7:05 PM
What about the Hunter Hercules or Osprey carbide tools. Anyone have one of these?

robert baccus
03-04-2013, 9:03 PM
I made one in the shop and stuck a carbide router bit in it. A diamond card will sharpen it well. It's ok but try using a smaller bit than the 1" RB I tried.