PDA

View Full Version : Dolly Cart for Moving Epilog Laser Help ?

Jesse Anderson
03-02-2013, 10:09 PM
:eek::eek:Looking for a good cart or dolly that i can use to get my laser from one place to the other. I could pay to have one fabricated. Or just fabricate one myself. But i would like to see if any one has any idea's or a place online that sells something like this. When Epilog did a Demo for me up here in the mid west they had a gurney like stretcher kind of thing that would roll very easily and then when u hit the back of a vehicle's gate or van's cargo space the legs would fold up. Really would only need one person to transport 300lbs of machine.

Suggestions any one ????? :eek::eek:

Ronald Erickson
03-03-2013, 3:05 PM
A quick Google of "equipment gurney": http://www.salesmakercarts.com/folding_collapsible_equipment_cart.asp

Looks like it will hold 1000 lbs. and has a variable height. No idea on cost but it looks like it will fit the bill. There is a video of it in action on the site.

Martin Boekers
03-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Maybe able to modify something like this...

www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-lift-table-94822.html

Joe Pelonio
03-05-2013, 9:42 PM
Look also at Uline catalog, I throw them away now but they had lots of that sort of thing.

Jesse Anderson
03-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I just ordered the cart that Martin Suggested. Not only do i trust him cause he lives in South Dakota. but he has a picture of Mt Rushmore on his profile !! Who Wouldn't ?????

Jesse Anderson
03-05-2013, 11:09 PM
I retract that. I was looking at the table specs after i placed the order and had to cancel it.... Its not what i am looking for. You think a person could find a decent cart for cheap that would not cost $500 dollars. A Customized one.

Mike Null
03-06-2013, 8:35 AM
Jesse

IL does not stand for South Dakota. But Keith Outten has a larger version of the HF cart and brags on it.

Roy Brewer at Engraving Concepts has the gurney type for demoing his Epilogs so you might give him a call.

AL Ursich
03-06-2013, 2:04 PM
When I was setting up my Laser Shop I first had 3 of the Brown Plastic Side Lasers and needed Carts... I bought the Metal Carts from Northern Tool. Made some Wood Frames and they worked GREAT.... With the Ability to raise if needed... Got rid of the Plastic Side Lasers and traded for the 2 Epilog Lasers. Sold the Summit Recently. I use one for my Profile, 1 for my Star912 and another when I make Street Signs for the Double Rubber Roller tool.

They would NOT work well in a SUV as they do sit pretty High.... But in a Van, they might work.

Good Luck,

AL