PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchased the PSI EZ Glide Toolrest?

Jack Gaskins
03-02-2013, 6:46 PM
Received my new PSI cataloge and notice they have a new toolrest. You can get a 3 piece set of 6,9,12 inch rests for $44.85. They look like the Robust rests. I just might order the 3 piece set....

Jack

Tim Leiter
03-02-2013, 7:06 PM
Sounds like a good price. Let us know how they work out.
Tim.

Thomas Canfield
03-03-2013, 8:47 PM
Any users? I am looking to order the 12" bar, but the one review did not rate it so hot. The Robust for midi is 9" and over twice the price. My midi came with a 6" that works reasonably well or I might consider the package 6, 9, & 12". I'd like to see some comments.

Bob Aumock
03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I purchased a EZ Glide 9" rest a couple of weeks ago for my midi Rikon. I've turned three 8" very wet/heavy NE bowls with it and no problems. As with some PSI products the fit/finish isn't Robust quaility...but neither is the price. It appears to have 1/4" round stock epoxied into a groove similar to the Robust except I think Robust may use 3/8" round stock. The epoxy job was a little sloppy and the ends of the round stock were lefy sharp...nothing that a file couldn't smooth out for safety. All & all satisfied for the price.

Bob

Jack Gaskins
03-05-2013, 4:50 PM
I think my big concern is the hardend rod. Is it really hard enough to not ding or knick? If it does hold its own then I could care less about fit and finish since the price looks right....

Michael Kellough
03-05-2013, 5:22 PM
I purchased a EZ Glide 9" rest a couple of weeks ago for my midi Rikon. I've turned three 8" very wet/heavy NE bowls with it and no problems. As with some PSI products the fit/finish isn't Robust quaility...but neither is the price. It appears to have 1/4" round stock epoxied into a groove similar to the Robust except I think Robust may use 3/8" round stock. The epoxy job was a little sloppy and the ends of the round stock were lefy sharp...nothing that a file couldn't smooth out for safety. All & all satisfied for the price.

Bob

Is the post long enough for a 12" swing? Most PSI lathes are only 10".

Jeff Gilfor
03-06-2013, 7:38 AM
Agreed! Every toolpost I've purchased from PSI needed alteration to go high enough for my 12 inch Rikon.

Bob Aumock
03-06-2013, 8:09 AM
No problem w/EZ Tool Rest post height on my 12in Rikon( 050-70), the post length is 4 1/2 in. It's a different story w/PSI's Round Bar rests.

Bob

Michael Kellough
03-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Just saw this review of the 9" version @psi, "NOT FOR USE WITH COMMANDER 10". The post is too long to allow proper positioning of the rest. If in the future they come out with a shorter post or you have one, you will want to use it instead."

Good confirmation of what Bob said.