PDA

View Full Version : First bowl pics

Jerry Ingraham
05-06-2005, 1:35 PM
Here at my place of work, secretary's day has evolved into secretary's week. each manager rewards all the ladies with a gift of some sort, i.e. lunch, desserts, wine, etc. This year, having been bitten by the turning bug, I decided to turn them each a jewelry dish. they are all about 5-6" in diameter and range from 3/4" to 2'' tall. They are turned from maple, walnut, or cherry. These are my first turning projects and they were fun to do. I have now acquired Bill's video to add to Raffan's video and between the two have learned volumes. Going to graduate to some larger stuff next.

Kurt Aebi
05-06-2005, 1:44 PM
Wow, Jerry!

Those look great! Did you do a recess for the mirror's or just surface mount them!

Details, details, diameter, height and finish! Curious minds want to know! :cool:

Fantastic job! Look out for next year - they'l want you to top this one and it will really be hard to do!

Michael Stafford
05-06-2005, 2:07 PM
Quite nice, Jerry! They should be well received and are an excellent gift idea that I will be filing away! ;) :)

Ross Williams
05-06-2005, 2:30 PM
looks nice....I turned my first wood yesterday,I'm looking forward to turning some bowls like yours....I need advice on face plates.

John Hart
05-06-2005, 2:38 PM
Those are very cool Jerry. Pretty phenomenal gifts too! Great idea.

I have some spare mirrors laying around somewhere under the pile of other stuff...hmm :rolleyes:

Gary Max
05-06-2005, 6:47 PM
I know that went over a lot better the a lunch that will be soon forgotten.
Great ideal and they look good also.
Thanks for sharing

Ernie Nyvall
05-06-2005, 9:41 PM
I bet they went wild over those. What a great gift for the office. Nice job.

Ernie