PDA

View Full Version : Power Switch on Hitachi planer jointer F1000A - need to solder new one in

Mark Sigrist
03-01-2013, 2:03 PM
Hello,

I have just acquired a Hitachi F-1000A Planer Jointer. As I have read in several other threads, the power switch is prone to failure. This one is no different. The thing is, the prior owner of this machine just hard wired the switch so that the thing goes on when plugged in. I was not comfortable with that arrangement so I purchased a new switch. I now need to install it, however, the wiring at the switch has been modified and I need to restore it to original so that I can solder in the new switch. Problem is, I have not been able to find a wire diagram anywhere for either the planer itself nor the switch.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mark

Lornie McCullough
03-04-2013, 1:22 PM
Hi Mark....

I have the same j/p combo, and love it alot.... one of my most used tools. That being said, my switch also went kaput.... it is always on, and would need to be unplugged to turn it off. I solved the problem with a cord switch, but I applaud you for fixing it correctly!!

The photo shows the wiring.... very simple. The two yellow wires are the j/p motor wires. The green/white/black is the power cord. Green attaches to machine for safety ground.... white connects to one yellow, and the black is connected to the switch, as is the other yellow.

Hope this helps.

Lornie

Chas Dearden
03-06-2013, 5:38 PM
Hey Mark: I also have the same problem. Where did you ger your new switch? I've been looking for ever and have been stuck wih the "plug it in" answer. Chas.