PDA

View Full Version : Woodpeck Paolini Rules

Mike Goetzke
03-01-2013, 8:54 AM
This has become a second time tool:D. I'm thinking of buying one but wondering which size is best. I narrowed it down to 6" or 8" (I already have a few quality 12" and above rules). I probably will use it as a pocket scale. For those that have them is the 8" too big for the pocket?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Tekin
03-01-2013, 9:46 AM
I agree with Trevor somewhat which is why I think I'm leaning towards the 8" - I have a 6 and 12" combination square and this seems like a handy size:).

Tom Willoughby
03-01-2013, 10:19 AM
I haven't tried the 8" version but have been using the 6" version for a while and find it indispensable. In fact, I just ordered another 6" version.

Tom

Mike Goetzke
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the responses I think I'll go with the 6" - 8" may to too big for my front pocket.

Mike

Jim Tobias
03-01-2013, 12:54 PM
I have the 6" and it is one of the most used tools in my shop. It is one of the first 3 things(3M dust mask, key chain with remotes and Paolini rule) I pick up and attach to myself when I go into the shop.
I'm tempted to buy an 8" also but am trying to hold out until past the order deadline.;)

Jim

Keith Outten
03-08-2013, 9:02 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please be respectful of the OP and keep your comments on topic. I just had to delete over a dozen posts that had nothing to do with the question that was asked.

Andrew Pitonyak
03-08-2013, 11:45 AM
If you will purchase just one, I would recommend the smaller one. For most of my uses, this is sufficient. Note that I already own the small one.

This time around, however, I ordered a set of three with the 6, 8, and 12 (it saved me almost $5) :D

I also ordered one more 6", which is really both inch and metric. I found that i like to use these to mark a particular size and then leave it (kind of like a marking stick). As an example, I wanted to mark the first cut line for some dove tails, so I used that to index off the edge of the board to my first cut line. There are a bunch of ways I could do that I know, but I find it fast and easy to do.