PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for Woodpecker's Customer service

Jim Tobias
02-28-2013, 4:03 PM
I recently dropped a pocket rule (Paolini Pocket Rule) that I purchased from Woodpeckers awhile back. It was a production run that they do on new design tools on a regular basis. I had been using it(as I do constantly) and had it in my shirt pocket. It fell out and broke off 1 of the small screws that holds the sliding stop in place. I called Woodpeckers to see if I could purchase another replacement screw. They were very nice and sent me 4 replacement screws at no charge. I told the lady on the phone that I was happy to pay for the replacement as I had put it in my pocket and let it fall out. No fault of theirs.
But she insisted that it was no big deal and sent the replacements. I know the small screws are not a huge deal, but nowadays it seems that customer service is a hit or miss, and more misses than hits.
Anyway, I felt they deserved to publicly thanked and praised to good customer service.

Jim

Alan Lightstone
02-28-2013, 6:22 PM
I've dealt with them many times. And bought TONS of their stuff.

1st class company. No doubt.

Chris Padilla
03-01-2013, 12:22 AM
Awesome! I love Woodpeckers.

Cary Falk
03-01-2013, 12:50 AM
I have always had a good experience with them. I called one time to see if they were going to start making a one time tool again. They tol me that they had som extras from the last run and sold me one. I have a lot of their stuff. It's worse than a drug habit. I love me some red anodized aluminum.

Trevor Roeder
03-01-2013, 8:51 AM
It's good to hear good customer service stories like yours Jim. It puts them high on the list when considering products of equal type even if the cost is a little bit more, Plus there tools are cool looking.

I ordered a Incra jig & fence from woodpeckers and had only gotten the fence so I called them and they got things worked out, but it took a week for me to receive my jig. Incra is a very slow shipper, after that screw up I should of had my jig in a 2-3 day period.
Thanks for sharing Jim!