PDA

View Full Version : Two way acrylic

Martin Boekers
02-28-2013, 2:29 PM
This probably should go into the sign area, but I felt some here could use it also. Mods please move if neccessary.

I haven't tried this yet, but it has some uses. Acrylic that in daylight is black, but can be rear lit at night for white.
Acrylite has some amazing products, if you use acrylics you may want to check them out....

http://www.acrylite-shop.com/US/us/acrylite-p-95-black-white-sign-center-kewdhtr45iy/acrylite-gp-p-95-black-white-9h04-sc-juy7atttk90~p.html

I have been wondering if Box-It or a similar designer would allow us to fabricate letter shaped holding boxes for products like this... Something to think about....

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-28-2013, 4:34 PM
Now that is slick. I can definitely think of several uses for it. Now if I only had the shop space to do it!

Martin Boekers
02-28-2013, 6:25 PM
I could see incorporating it into a table top with interesting lighting undeneath.... A sample piece is only a few bucks
so I may get a piece to play with.

Paul Phillips
02-28-2013, 8:13 PM
This is known in the sign industry as "Day/Night" Acrylic, we use it occasionally on lighted sign cabinets and channel letters, you can also put perforated color vinyl on the face for a color effect, it's pretty cool stuff.
Paul

Mike Lassiter
03-01-2013, 7:24 PM
Thanks for sharing. I'd like to play with some too. :-)