PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend Show Mom You Care!

Joe Mioux
05-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Many of you know that I am a florist and greenhouse owner. I just want you all to remember ... remind you... to show your mom you care.

A small token of your love means alot to them. It can be flowers (hopefully!) ;) or something else....maybe a woodturning, or maybe a card. The important thing is to visit or call your mom this weekend and say I love you!

Joe

Jeff Sudmeier
05-06-2005, 8:39 AM
Thanks for the reminder Joe. On Saturday Mom and I are going golfing. Not something I like to do much, but she loves it!

Mark Singer
05-06-2005, 8:58 AM
Major brunch is happening at our house. It should be about 12 to 15 people. Ryan and Jess are organizing it......I got 3 couples together and their kids (25 to 31years old) are helping so the moms can take it easy....We will have salmon, champagne, bagels, special egg dish, special potato dish...:rolleyes:

I was told to to make any of mu tasty sawdust appetizers...they are the ones that are missing out:mad:

Jerry Olexa
05-06-2005, 1:33 PM
We have family gatherings both tonight (Friday) and Sunday for a cookout. Our "moms" deserve More than respect at least once a year...

Jerry Clark
05-06-2005, 10:53 PM
We used to do something fun many years ago-- all the guys would make a dish for Mother's Day. No one knew what the other would make-- Then the ladies would vote on the best dish. My mother had a plaque made and the name of the person would be engraved - had about 10 tabs for names. Not always a balanced meal! Then we did the dishes and clean-up.:cool: Lots of laughs.:D

Tim Morton
05-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Last year I made matching garden arbors for my wife and her mother( my mom passed away a few years ago)...this year I think it is going to be potting benches, but I have not received the plans from my MIL yet.