PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where I can buy an angled brad nailer?

johnny means
02-27-2013, 12:08 PM
I need one to fit all these angled brad nails.

Peter Quinn
02-27-2013, 3:04 PM
Pasalode makes an angled 16 ga nailer that's decent, but I think it's around a 15*, those look like some sort of random angle nails. Never quite sure what direction they might go. Do they actually fire?

Jeff Monson
02-27-2013, 3:14 PM
JC Whitney sells an angled brad nailer that will shoot those just fine.

Greg R Bradley
02-27-2013, 3:52 PM
Those are not angled brads or nails.

Those are straight nails/brads. I can't tell the scale from the pic.

Edited to add: My best guess is 1.5-1.75" long 16ga straight nails. Of course, those are actually brads.........just not what they are called.

If you want to be sure, measure the thickness of the row of nails and the thickness of the head.

Jay Jolliffe
02-27-2013, 3:58 PM
Looks to me like your square is off.

Dave Zellers
02-27-2013, 4:06 PM
Yes- obviously he's kidding and those are poorly made straight brads.

I wonder if they could be heated to soften the glue and reshaped?

Jerome Stanek
02-27-2013, 5:43 PM
Maybe you could get Customer Service in India to tell you where to get a gun to shoot them.

Dave Lehnert
02-27-2013, 6:38 PM
what brand are they?

johnny means
02-27-2013, 6:50 PM
Same brand as my dovetail jig.

Jim Neeley
02-27-2013, 6:52 PM

Cut with the same bit?? <g>

Dave Zellers
02-27-2013, 8:08 PM
Uh - Oh.

Another black mark against the new Porter Cable?

Man, if I'm right, Black & Decker is sucking this once great company down into a black hole at light speed.:(

Peter Quinn
02-27-2013, 8:52 PM
Uh - Oh.

Another black mark against the new Porter Cable?

Man, if I'm right, Black & Decker is sucking this once great company down into a black hole at light speed.:(

Yes, the marketing geniuses that brought us the "Snake Light" and the "Under counter occasionally on fire toaster oven" are doing their magic on porter cable. Once the finest hand held power tools you could buy, now, not so much. Though to be fair, I've shot a lot of PC nails and never had an incident like that. I thought maybe the Stanley merger would bring brighter days. Haven't seen them yet. Senco still makes pretty good nails any way.

Dave Zellers
02-27-2013, 9:08 PM
Senco still makes pretty good nails any way.
I love my Senco nailers. Rock solid.

Greg R Bradley
02-27-2013, 9:26 PM
Well, I guess I got sucked into that one..... I should have looked at the previous posts by the OP. It isn't like WAY dumber questions haven't been asked here..............

StanleyBlack&Decker have sucked a lot of companies down the drain:

I recently bought $20K worth of Vidmar cabinets and the quality is almost what it used to be. Since the military is the big purchaser of that brand, perhaps StanleyBlack&Decker can't screw it up too much. The packaging and customer service IS almost as bad as we have come to expect from them.

What can you expect from a company that bought a defunct radial saw manufacturer named Dewalt and decided to make their DIY level Black&Decker tools LOOK like they were commercial quality by making the OUTSIDE commercial while leaving the same junk on the INSIDE and using Dewalt's well-earned reputation for quality? Since many Construction tools are stolen pretty quickly from jobsites, they have actually managed to fool people into thinking the quality is acceptable. Well, some of them are OK. I'm sure StanleyBlack&Decker can figure out a way to cheapen anything that actually works well.

What can you expect out of a company that has ruined the name Proto, MAC, Porter Cable, Delta, Contact East, Jensen, Bostich, Baldwin, etc. ????

Can you name another company other than Delta that was actually improved by being spun off from a US company and being sold to a Chinese company?

Perhaps it is best to just say "NO" to StanleyBlack&Decker even if they do make a few tools, very few, that are decent.

Dave Zellers
02-27-2013, 9:42 PM
I love it. The truth about tools.

How long before we're all banned?

david brum
02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
I think you'd need one of these:

Denny Rice
02-28-2013, 6:07 AM
Yes, the marketing geniuses that brought us the "Snake Light" and the "Under counter occasionally on fire toaster oven" are doing their magic on porter cable. Once the finest hand held power tools you could buy, now, not so much. Though to be fair, I've shot a lot of PC nails and never had an incident like that. I thought maybe the Stanley merger would bring brighter days. Haven't seen them yet. Senco still makes pretty good nails any way.

I couldn't agree more. I was at the Big Box Stores the other day and the new line of PC stuff looks like the cheap Black and Decker of old K-Mart and WalMart try to push off their shelves to the public.

Joe Shinall
02-28-2013, 5:28 PM
I'm glad to see this was a joke. Before I started reading I actually pulled out my square and put it up the computer monitor and was thinking I really need to tell him his square is off...

Peter Quinn
02-28-2013, 8:34 PM
I couldn't agree more. I was at the Big Box Stores the other day and the new line of PC stuff looks like the cheap Black and Decker of old K-Mart and WalMart try to push off their shelves to the public.

I have a few 30+ year old PC tools, a port-plane spiral head door planer, a 3HP router, a 310 trimmer, a belt sander. Inherited, traded, bought used. You hold those tools next to what comes out of that company now, it makes you weep. Question in my mind is why? I don't run or work for the company, I can only imagine the market forces and demands are far different than those at play in the companies hey day of yore. Has the public changed? Has the average contractor changed? Are some business school short run gain bean counting weenies really driving the old standard to ground to pad a few pockets and get a nice bonus check rather than building a business to last? Time was you paid a good proportion of your salary to assemble your tools in the early years of a career and kept them with you for most of that, maybe passed them on to your children or an apprentice. There are general falls and milwaukee tools in my family from my grandfather still in use. Now? Disposable. Yes, they have rebranded that black and decker junk with a PC logo, they should have made an announcement "actual contractors, these are not for you, go elsewhere". THey are fooling no one.