PDA

View Full Version : Your recommendation on a good DVD for turning boxes.

Jack Gaskins
02-27-2013, 5:20 AM
Looking for some DVDs on turning boxes. What do you guys recommend.

Thanks
Jack

John Keeton
02-27-2013, 5:36 AM
Jack, you might want to check this listing of a collection of existing free videos on boxes.- https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tJ2EgJDxq06q4MT1BNytG5w&gid=7

Mark Levitski
02-27-2013, 7:50 AM
Raffan, for sure.

Jim Burr
02-27-2013, 8:18 AM
+1 on Raffan...I still refer to it. Mike Staffords written tutorial is the basis for learning IMHO. Ray Key is good albeit a little dry.

Michael Stafford
02-27-2013, 9:48 AM
Richard Raffan's video is excellent but illustrates some methods that might be difficult for the beginning box turner. Ray Key's videos, there are three, are excellent and although a little on the dry side provide excellent instruction on the basics of box turning. Jimmy Clewes does a good job as well showing the basics of box turning and his videos are fun.

I recommend Ray Key's videos for the beginning turner and the Raffan and Clewes videos for additional skill development.

Thanks for the plug Jim.

Kyle Iwamoto
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Raffans video is great. Lots of info. He can turn a box from blank to finished in less time than it takes me to type this message. Well, not really, but pretty close. I usually proof read and try not to make spelling errors. There, now it took me longer to type this than for him to finish a box.......:)

Jack Gaskins
02-27-2013, 7:23 PM
Raffan is ok. I have seen the video before but it was all dubed over. I think I am going to search for some of the more obsure DVDs by some of the british folks or the one by Chris Stout.

Thanks,
Jack