PDA

View Full Version : Help me with Grizzly G0654

Trevor Roeder
02-26-2013, 8:41 PM
I just got this in today and when I just start putting it together I ran into a problem.

I'm trying to attach legs to chassis and there is nothing on the chassis to screw into just a hole there. The manual says cabinet supports fastened to chassis but I don't see them. I'm thinking they forgot to attach them.

glenn bradley
02-26-2013, 9:37 PM
Are you talking about this step?

1. Fasten each cabinet support to the mobile
base chassis with a 3
⁄8"-16 x 1" hex bolt,
threading the bolts though the bottom of the
chassis, as shown in figure 7

Looks like the bolt goes through the hole in the chassis from below and threads into the insert on the leg(?). Are you saying there are no threads in the leg?

Trevor Roeder
02-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Are you talking about this step?

1. Fasten each cabinet support to the mobile
base chassis with a 3
⁄8"-16 x 1" hex bolt,
threading the bolts though the bottom of the
chassis, as shown in figure 7

Looks like the bolt goes through the hole in the chassis from below and threads into the insert on the leg(?). Are you saying there are no threads in the leg?

The legs have threads, there is nothing to thread into on the chassis.

Trevor Roeder
02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
I figured out the problem. I was trying to go down through the leg into the chassis instead of up through the chassis and into the leg. DUH I feel pretty dumb right now.

John Coloccia
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM
I figured out the problem. I was trying to go down through the leg into the chassis instead of up through the chassis and into the leg. DUH I feel pretty dumb right now.

Only right now? LOL...you're doing pretty good :D

Ken Fitzgerald
02-26-2013, 11:10 PM

Trevor....you aren't the 1st person to feel dumb! The only person who doesn't make mistakes isn't doing any thing.

Trevor Roeder
02-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys. I hope to get this jointer up and running today.

Trevor Roeder
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
I finally got it running and tried it out tonight. I didn't have a straight edge so I ordered a Veritas 38" which I got in today so I could set the tables.

I had some snipe at first but after adjusting the out-feed table up high enough I don't think I am getting anymore now, but I need to use my dial indicator on it to really fine tune it.

Will I need to fine tune the knives height, or are they good from the factory?

I didn't notice in the manual or I could have miss understood it, but does this jointer have several adjustments for the infeed table? The reason I ask I watched a video and his infeed table had 3 or 4 seperate adjustment bolts.