PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the 30yr old Craftsman compressor with Northern Tool 2HP 20 gal vertical.

Don Morris
02-26-2013, 4:44 PM
Put the old Craftsman air compressor body out last night. Sort of sad, but the photos of the blown old Craftsman which looked exactly like mine, posted a couple days ago, just kept haunting me. And after LOML saw the photos, she wasn't real interested in me repairing the old compressor either. Researched and looks like for what I do, a reasonable inexpensive 110/220v (I'll switch it to 220), oiled motor, 20gal replacement (which is essentially what I had) is Northern Tool's, North Star 2HP 20gal vertical compressor. They also have a horizontal, but I like the space saving idea of the vertical model. Anybody got any experience with them. Our search function talks about Northern Tool and North Star, but no one actually mentions having one or their experience with them. The Puma that Northern Tool has which looks exactly like the North Star model, costs the same, but they charge $149.00 shipping. Reviews and specs between the two looked the same. I can buy some nice tool/bits for $149.00. I've gotten a couple things form NT and so far they've worked out fine.