PDA

View Full Version : Cinco de Mayo

Mark Singer
05-05-2005, 9:20 PM
Feliz Cinco de Mayo para todos mis amigos !:rolleyes: En todo partes del Mundo! Tequila , Cerveza y Salsa con chips....y mucho baile....cuidado con la policia cuando maneje su carro. No tomar si tu manejas!

Happy May 5th for all you (us) gringos!:rolleyes:

John Hart
05-05-2005, 9:44 PM
Feliz el cinco de mayo a usted también. No beberé mientras que funciona mi rebajadora! :eek:
Todavía no puede encontrar schlamaca :p

Carl Eyman
05-05-2005, 9:49 PM
Ok, what is schlamaca? Y felicidades a todos

John Hart
05-05-2005, 9:53 PM

Don't get sucked in Carl! Mark's in rare form :D

Mark Singer
05-05-2005, 10:00 PM
El Shlamaca es un arbol mistereioso y mi amigo Juan no puede encontrarlo solamente existe en Peru:confused:

John Hart
05-05-2005, 10:17 PM
El Shlamaca es un arbol mistereioso y mi amigo Juan no puede encontrarlo solamente existe en Peru:confused:

Crece al lado de las Ruinas del Inca en mi yarda trasera! :rolleyes:

Mark Singer
05-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Si en su yarda trasera cerca su BBQ....:confused: Esto es un Shlamaca y ya descubrio el misterio..felicitaciones!

David Fried
05-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Happy May 5th for all you (us) gringos!:rolleyes:

Don't Laugh! When I moved from Connecticut to Santa Monica folks told me about Cinco de Mayo and where to go for the celebration and food. My only question was when is it!!!! What was I thinking taking French in school?

Roy Wall
05-05-2005, 11:11 PM
We celebrated.........(sorry to change the language:) )

A place called "Salty Iguana"......it was packed!!!

Tom Mullane
05-06-2005, 7:24 AM
I hope all my Mexican friends had a fantastic Cinco de Mayo, and before you all get over your hangovers, LOL... here is a real corny joke I got yesterday regarding the holiday... Please do not take this as an insult... just a bad corny joke...

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was
manufactured in England.
In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment
scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz,Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after
its stop in New York.
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever
delivered to Mexico....
But as we know....the great ship did not make it to New York....The
ship hit an iceberg and sank....and the cargo was forever lost....The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery....were disconsolate at the loss....Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning which they still observe to this day....

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th....and is
known....of course....as Sinko de Mayo...

Mark Singer
05-06-2005, 7:28 AM
How much Taquilla did you have?:rolleyes:
I hope all my Mexican friends had a fantastic Cinco de Mayo, and before you all get over your hangovers, LOL... here is a real corny joke I got yesterday regarding the holiday... Please do not take this as an insult... just a bad corny joke...

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was
manufactured in England.
In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment
scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz,Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after
its stop in New York.
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever
delivered to Mexico....
But as we know....the great ship did not make it to New York....The
ship hit an iceberg and sank....and the cargo was forever lost....The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery....were disconsolate at the loss....Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning which they still observe to this day....

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th....and is
known....of course....as Sinko de Mayo...

Tom Mullane
05-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately, my tequila and other adult beverage days are over... diabetes and high blood pressure does not mix well with them... But I really don't miss it at all... YEAH RIGHT.. LOL..
Hey I said it was a bad corny joke... I did warn you before you got to read it... LOL

Dennis McDonaugh
05-07-2005, 7:31 PM
Bein' in San-ann-tone we had a few margariters to celebrate cinko de-mayo as the local anglo Texans call it. Of course, LOML whose family was immigrated by a fact of geography when Texas became a Republic cringes every time I try to speak Spanish.