PDA

View Full Version : Too funny! As seen on another forum.

Joe Kieve
02-24-2013, 7:40 PM
Not sure if I'm allowed to do this or not. Mods please evaluate and I will respect your decision.

I saw this on another forum today and it cracked me up. Seems that Mark ordered some blue shed towels from this company and this was their reply.

Hi Mark,

YAY, your order has shipped! (Order#: 26410 placed on 30/10/2012)

Your order has been picked from our esidirect warehouse using our team of trained winged monkeys, and lovingly placed onto a satin pillow.

A full compliment of 20 Quality Inspection Managers buffed your order to a mirrored sheen to make sure it was in the best possible condition before being delivered.

As our monastic packing spe******t from Tibet wrapped the order in the finest Egyptian linen, he made offerings of fruit, lit a candle and a hush fell over the warehouse as your order was lowered into the finest gold-lined box that money can buy.

We then held our order despatch celebration, where our staff marched down the street in a ticker-tape parade to the post office where the entire city of Melbourne waved goodbye to your package, on its way to you, in our private esidirect G6 jet.

Mark, I hope you enjoyed your delivery notification, we sure did. Your picture is on our wall as “Customer of the Year.” We’re all exhausted but can’t wait for you to come back to esidirect.com.au!!

Sincerely

the esidirect team

Dan Hintz
02-25-2013, 7:46 AM
I don't think it was the same company, but I know I've seen posts here of a company sending similar emails. It's cute...

Gary Hodgin
02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Funny. However, I've become so paranoid about scams I'd worry that I'd been taken to the cleaners if I received something like that. Sounds too Nigerian.

Biff Johnson
02-25-2013, 3:00 PM
Reminds me of the item descriptions on woot.com. Makes me want to buy things I absolutely don't need just because the writing is so clever. It's refreshing to see people deviate from the bland, PC-directed corporate dialect.

Mark Eisen
03-15-2013, 9:40 PM
Well I'll be buggered that's was me.:D