PDA

View Full Version : Information on SCMI si-15 table saw

Darcy Forman
02-24-2013, 7:05 PM
Does anyone on here have a SCMI si-15 table saw, or have any information about them? Any information would be appreciated. I found one a guy is selling. Thanks

Lynn Kasdorf
03-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Does anyone on here have a SCMI si-15 table saw, or have any information about them? Any information would be appreciated. I found one a guy is selling. Thanks
I have one. I don't have the original crosscut fence, and I have just very recently set it up for use. It is a very heavy duty and very well made saw!

David Kumm
03-11-2013, 11:33 PM
I think they made that model for a fair length of time. Some with cast iron tables and some AL. Before the SI 16 that started in the mid 80s. They go 3000-5000 for 10' sliders so the 15 should be less. Dave

Jaromir Svoboda
03-12-2013, 9:03 AM
I have SI 15 WF.I like it and it was free.It has 9HP main motor.

Erik Loza
03-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Big machine, real workhorse. SCMi saws are rugged and can be a good buy on the used market if they were well maintained. Not sure what to say about it beyond that. You can email us for a manual and register via email for Parts Pronto online, if there is a specific question or request in regards to parts.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Brian Backner
03-12-2013, 5:36 PM
I, too, have a SI15-WF that I got for free. A shop left it outside o/n while they were installing a really big Altendorf and someone lifted the aluminum fence and sliding carriage. When they found out it was going to cost something like $5-7k to replace them they gave it me so they wouldn't have to pay to have it hauled off. 9hp on the main spindle, 1 hp on the scoring motor and a 126" stroke; beast must weigh close to a ton.

There are both a manual and a parts list available online as free pdf downloads. Go to the SCM site:

https://www.partspronto.com/Shop/DownloadManuals.aspx

For Product Line, pick "Standard", then for Model, scroll down and choose "SI15F-WF"

These should answer a lot of your questions.

Brian
Taxachusetts

Lynn Kasdorf
03-13-2013, 12:30 AM
I have an aluminum channel and some stops that are part of the crosscut fence for *some* slider, but I don't know how much of it is for my saw. Fortunately, I have a milling machine and can make what I need. I also want to make a riving knife. And, I plan to cobble together a motor for the scoring blade. I would pursue buying a riving knife, but I bet the price would be simply obscene.

The saw will hold up to a 16" blade, and miraculously I found a collection of 16" and smaller carbide blades. This will be really nice for some of the large stock I plan to mill. I have had to turn arbor adaptors for some of these blades.

Fortunately my saw came with a 1" arbor. I think that was a special option, and it sure is handy.

I was really lucky to come across this saw. I have repainted mine with the original mustard color- it is an impressive machine in my shop!