PDA

View Full Version : Eurekazone Track Saw

George Bokros
02-24-2013, 6:54 PM
I purchased on eBay the 118" kit excluding saw and now am interested in the miter / squaring attachment for it. I sent Dino an email which he has not answered. I tried to contact him through his board but his private message box is full.

The purchase I made on eBay was shipped quickly but I am concerned when i cannot get an email response in a week whether he will ship the purchase promptly. Anyone make any purchases from Eurekazone lately and how was the shipping time?

From reading some of the posts on the board Dino seems to have a little bit of an ego problem and makes lots of promises but is slow on delivering new innovations.

Thanks

George

Rich Aldrich
02-24-2013, 7:47 PM
I just bought some inserts for my track which was delivered in three to four days.

Rich Riddle
02-24-2013, 7:58 PM
I like the design of the Eureka products but have serious concerns about the one-person show and what happens when that one person eventually cannot produce. Many members have good experiences with him, some don't. Good luck.

Gary Howorka
02-24-2013, 9:52 PM
I dared to criticize one of his products once and was treated with a world class drubbing by him. I was dumbfounded. I had purchased over $1,500 of his stuff and I have sold every bit of it and would never buy another product from them again. I moved toward Festool products which have way better designs and are more thorough in their features. When you start doing a side by side comparison they aren't that much more expensive if you look around craigslist and ebay.

Kevin L. Pauba
02-25-2013, 7:49 AM
I've ordered maybe $1200 worth of product from Eurekazone and couldn't be happier. I never had problems receiving items I ordered (although one product, being new, took a few extra weeks to arrive). EZ moved their business from NJ to FL recently and it sounds as if that might have disrupted things -- as did the recent hurricane. EZ is a small business and has several employees but Dino (the owner) seems to concentrate on the design end of things and is sometimes slow to answer emails and posts. I'm not concerned about the small business. If something would happen and I'd never be able to buy from them again, the tracks I have will last forever and the I can have the accessories machined locally if I had to.

Brian Kincaid
02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Have you tried to call him? That is the best way to get in touch with him. Give yourself a few minutes to adjust to his accent.

He has opinions on the 'best' way to use some tools and will freely offer this advice if given the opportunity. He tried several times to talk me out of a long rail (8+ft) since he has more flexible options that work for most people, but I had specific tasks in mind and he understood.

I had a shipping delay from an order years back, but when I called him he told me he was rejecting shipments because the extrusions were not in accuracy spec. He sent me some components to get my by, and when I finally received the big order every piece was perfect. I was pleased that he didn't fill orders with sub-standard components.

-Brian