PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on stationary benchtop belt sander.

Jack Gaskins
02-24-2013, 3:31 PM
Hello, I am looking for suggestions on a stationary beltsander. I like the old arn like the Walker Turner SM700 in this photo. I dont need the disc portion just the belt portion, i already have the Jet 12" disc sander. I do not want an edge sander because 1. no room in my tiny shop and 2. I dont make anything but small items and usually those items are turned on the lathe. So, should I search for this old WT or get something like the Rikon or Grizzly belt/disc sander?? 255292

Thanks,

Jack

ken masoumi
02-24-2013, 4:51 PM
I would love to have one of these stationary belt sanders like the picture below.what I would look for is a solid belt mechanism(no wobble ) and at least 6" wide by 24" long,the table must lock properly once tightened.
These types of sanders are not easy for me to find and usually are either too expensive or need a lot of work to make them functional again.

Jack Gaskins
02-24-2013, 7:38 PM
Yes that would be a nice sander. Sadly, the only belt sanders that come up on CL in my area are the crappy Sears sanders or the tiny Deltas. I posted a WTB add on the OWWM site and not one reply after over a hundred views.