PDA

View Full Version : Smartlift router lift

Glenn Simmonds
02-24-2013, 3:19 PM
My first time I hope I'm doing this right. My plastic gear that drives the Smartlift is stripped. Has anyone found a source for this part or a way to fix the lift???

Dan Krutsinger
06-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi Glenn, I have the same problem with my lift I am trying to locate Ernest Saldana in San Antonio, TX He was the owner at the time Jointech went down. I am hoping to try to get him to tell where the gears for the lift were manufactured.

captkruts@yahoo.com

Jim McDonald
06-07-2013, 8:32 AM
Good luck trying to reach him, and if you do to get an answer..The main adjusting screw had stripped out where the hex driver fit in....have tried many times to connect with him, and when I finally got him, he asked a question if it was splined or not. I replied Splined and that was the last I ever hear from him..been 3 yrs now. Talk about buyer's remorse!

Glenn Simmonds
07-25-2013, 9:53 AM
Dan, I guess you have had no luck. I was wondering if a 3D printer could produce a usable part, but I know little about them and I'm sure there are none yet in my area?

Ken Fitzgerald
07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Guys......take the damaged gear, and the one it mates with to a local machine shop. Get an estimate of what it would cost to manufacture a replacement.

I was working on a patient table for a catheterization lab and found a broken knob. The knob was plastic with a metal insert and had been replaced many times before. Though I live in a relatively small town in Idaho, we have a paper mill and lumber mill in town so I had access to a good machine shop. It cost me about $30 to have a new one made from brass. Years later when we took that cath lab out, the knob was still on it and had never been replaced..

John Piwaron
07-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Guys......take the damaged gear, and the one it mates with to a local machine shop. Get an estimate of what it would cost to manufacture a replacement.

My thoughts exactly. No need to bother with making new plastic parts as replacements. Especially ones built on a modeling machine. Those are great to look at but less than great at actual use.

A machinist/tool & die maker ought to be able to make replacements from metal for them.

Dave Verstraete
07-27-2013, 8:30 AM
Machinist/Toolmaker here. Lets see a pic and I will tell you if I can make one.