PDA

View Full Version : More Questions about Wiring Switch on a Bandsaw

Mark Largent
02-24-2013, 1:45 PM
I've got an late 60's Delta 14 bandsaw, and I need to put a new switch on it. I've bought a magnetic switch and a couple of you have been very helpful in giving me directions to rewire it (especially David Morse - thanks!). Here's the original thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?199363-Need-Help-with-Wiring-on-Switch

I think I've got everything figured out .... except....

There's a little metal box on top of the motor with all the wires in it. I had expected to find three wires (white, green, and black) coming out of the motor. Instead, I found six wires coming out of the motor, and they are all black. I think (but I would not bet my life) that three of these wires were joined, two of the others were joined, and one was by itself. All but one of the wires has a little metal tag on it with a number. Wires number 1, 3, 5 and appear to be joined. Wires 2 and 4 appear to be joined. And the wire that I think was all by itself doesn't have a tag on it.

Can someone give me some direction here? How do I connect the wires coming out of the motor to follow David's diagram from the original post?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Largent
02-24-2013, 3:33 PM
More Info: I found the plate on the motor, and there's a wiring diagram. I also found that the wire I thought was un-numbered is in fact number 8.

So, here's what I've got - a black, white, and green wire coming in with 110v power.

I've got six wires - numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 - coming out of the motor. The motor has a diagram on it (pic attached).

How do I wire this thing?

Thanks,
Mark

Rod Sheridan
02-24-2013, 5:04 PM

Hi, please see the attached drawing......Rod.

Mark Largent
02-24-2013, 5:46 PM
Thanks Rod!!

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Rod Sheridan
02-24-2013, 6:43 PM
Thanks Rod!!

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped!

LOL.....You're welome,,,,,,,,,,Rod