PDA

View Full Version : Wixey wr300 or wr365?

tom blankenship
02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Greetings,

I would appreciate current opinions on these gauges. A search indicates that some users find that the magnets on the wr365 do not hold the gauge adequately in vertical position.

I would like to try one of these gauges as I find it increasingly difficult to use a square to align power tools (old eyes are troublesome!!!).

Thanks in advance.

tom

John Schweikert
02-23-2013, 3:06 PM
I use the WR300 and have had no issues at all. From setting angles on saw blades to the driveshaft angles on my Tacoma. I use the device's magnets to store it on the front face of my metal tool storage cabinet. It doesn't budge.

Mark Burnette
02-23-2013, 6:37 PM
I haven't experienced the Wixey but I've calibrated the iGaging and Pittsburgh (Harbor Freight) versions and from what I've seen I believe them to be the same guts inside. All are terrifically accurate and ruggedly built. The Pittsburgh has a battery door on the back so battery replacement is easy--but if I recall, it only has magnets on the base. Not a deal-breaker since the gage reads and can be zeroed in any orientation.

Rich Riddle
02-23-2013, 6:56 PM
I own the Wixey WR300 and it works great. It has three strong magnets on the bottom of the unit. It's a bit on the "chunky" side but the magnets hold it without any problem at all. I store it in the tool box with it attached to the side and always find it there no matter how many tools rattle around it. The devise works well and is used to help with crowning tires as well. Very accurate as measured against a laser level.255237