PDA

View Full Version : Epilog won't fire - displays "System EPlease R"

Lea Mynah
02-23-2013, 12:20 PM
I was doing a few things this morning, and when I went to change material and run the same job again (just a 5x3" vector), it would act as if it were cutting, but the laser wasn't on. I tried again, and it did the same thing, so I stopped the job and shut it off for a few minutes, then turned it back on. The LCD says "System EPlease R" -- has anyone run into this and know of a fix? I've only had it set up for about a month and haven't used it very much, so this is my first error I've run into.

Lea Mynah
02-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Update: after shutting it off and restarting Windows/Corel the error is gone, but it's still just tracing the cut and not firing.

Dan Hintz
02-23-2013, 2:16 PM
Make sure all of your cabinet magnets are in place. Check the connections for all of the magnet sensors. Reseat all of the connectors on the motherboard and laser cartridge.

greg lindsey
02-23-2013, 3:14 PM
here is a post from a few years back describing some similar problems. maybe it will help.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?107275-Epilog-Laser-Stoped-engraving

Larry Bratton
02-24-2013, 1:56 PM
Call or Chat Epilog tech support first thing Monday. If it's a board or a tube problem, it sounds like your in warranty. If that's the case, you'll more than likely have the part on Tuesday.

Lea Mynah
02-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks much! I sent in a support ticket and will hopefully hear back today.

Larry Bratton
02-25-2013, 3:37 PM
Quickest way to get help from Epilog is to go to the tech support page and Chat them. You will more than likely get Brian. I think that is manned all the time and is usually quick unless he is tied up. Good luck!

Lea Mynah
02-26-2013, 3:51 PM
It was my tube. :(

They were super helpful, and a new one is already on its way to me!

Larry Bratton
02-26-2013, 9:00 PM
good! How old was that tube? Sounded like you are still in warranty..right?

It was my tube. :(

They were super helpful, and a new one is already on its way to me!

Lea Mynah
02-28-2013, 5:09 PM
Yep, it was only two months old. The new tube came overnight and is working! :)

Larry Bratton
03-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Great! Problem solved.