PDA

View Full Version : Color managment on Universal

Joe Hillmann
02-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to change the order that a Universal laser cuts/ engraves a file based on color? I have several files where black is cut lines and red is engrave lines. for thicker plywood it doesn't matter what order they are done in. But on thin veneers I have to do the engraving before the cutting so things stay in focus. The problem is the laser always does the black cut lines first. Up until now I have just printed the job twice so only one color would print at a time.

However, now I am working on some larger files which are four or five pages each so going between files when you have 8 or 10 to choose from will eventually lead to printing the wrong layer on top of another page.

Is it possible to tell the laser to do red then black? I know I could change the colors in the files themselfs but everything is grouped several times and I would rather not if I don't have to.

Dan Hintz
02-22-2013, 11:51 AM
I don't believe so, but is there any reason you don't just change the colors in the file? Should take you about 2 minutes with the object property bar...select all with a particular property (color), the change to a different color. Rinse. Repeat.

Joe Hillmann
02-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Dan, I will give it a try. I assumed I would have to go through and select each item to change its color.

Joe Hillmann
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Dan, do you mind walking me through how to do that? I brought up the object manager but it is divided into groups with the groups further divided into groups and those groups again divide into groups.

Gary Hair
02-22-2013, 12:07 PM
If you are using X6 then it's three clicks and you are done. Simply select the entire drawing and drop it in the "Color Styles" docker, then click on the black and change to red, then click on the red and change to black. If you don't have X6 that may be one of many reasons to get it.

Gary

Joe Hillmann
02-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Gary, I'm still stuck in the stone age using 11.

Scott Shepherd
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't know which job control you're using, but in mine on the Universal, you can grab the color and slide it up or down the list to change the order.

Mike Null
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
You can use find and replace under the edit menu in Corel.

Kevin Hirata
02-22-2013, 12:42 PM
You could use the "Find and Replace" command under the Edit tab.

Dan Hintz
02-22-2013, 1:07 PM
I don't know which job control you're using, but in mine on the Universal, you can grab the color and slide it up or down the list to change the order.

I had no idea you could do that... any chance that's a feature in newer version of the driver (tell me 'yes' so I can continue believing mine doesn't do that, hence why I missed it :D)?

Lee DeRaud
02-22-2013, 1:16 PM
I had no idea you could do that... any chance that's a feature in newer version of the driver (tell me 'yes' so I can continue believing mine doesn't do that, hence why I missed it :D)?I suspect so: doesn't work with mine (v1.09R). (I downloaded a new(er) version awhile back, but it's awaiting a long-overdue upgrade to that computer.)

Zvi Grinberg
02-22-2013, 5:16 PM
This feature is working for years now.

One thing you have to keep in mind though. It would only be possible to drag and throw colors BEFORE the job is finalized.
After job is prepared, the colors are locked and you cannot change the sequence anymore.

Scott Shepherd
02-22-2013, 6:08 PM
I had no idea you could do that... any chance that's a feature in newer version of the driver (tell me 'yes' so I can continue believing mine doesn't do that, hence why I missed it :D)?

Yup, been there for a couple of years now. Use it ALL the time. If you missed that, I wonder what else you are missing :confused:

Dan Hintz
02-22-2013, 6:16 PM
Yup, been there for a couple of years now. Use it ALL the time. If you missed that, I wonder what else you are missing :confused:

A lot, I'm sure... I may be able to speed up my processing overall if I ever took the time to find those hidden gems, but I'm too busy working with what I know.