PDA

View Full Version : Veritas Scraping plane insert

Jim Knauss
05-05-2005, 5:36 AM
Good morning Forum,
Anyone use the scraper insert from Vertas? I guess it fits right in a two inch plane body. I been drooling over one of there sraper planes but if this works it would sure save me a few pesos. Ive been using a modified paint scraper for years but arthritus in my hands bothers more these days. I think a plane would be easier on me.Thanks for any information on the insert or the Veritas plane itself.

Jim Knauss

Quesne Ouaques
07-01-2008, 3:52 PM
Good morning Forum,
Anyone use the scraper insert from Vertas? I guess it fits right in a two inch plane body. I been drooling over one of there sraper planes but if this works it would sure save me a few pesos. Ive been using a modified paint scraper for years but arthritus in my hands bothers more these days. I think a plane would be easier on me.Thanks for any information on the insert or the Veritas plane itself.

Jim Knauss

Hi Jim:

Did you (or anyone else on SMC) ever manage to pick up the Veritas Scraping Plane Insert?

I am thinking about getting one to use with the 2" Anant Rabbet Plane and a Stanley 4 1/2.

Any reviews or informed opinions would be appreciated!

Jeff Hallam
07-02-2008, 8:01 AM
I have one that I would be willing to sell at a good price (I've since purchased the scraping plane). PM me if interested.

I have actually used this insert very little because at the time of purchase I was ahead of myself, not yet able to properly sharpen a scraping blade. I can tell you that the instructions that came with it are very clear and that I had no problem fitting it into an old Stanley.

Quesne Ouaques
07-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Jeff: I sent you a PM earlier.