PDA

View Full Version : Summer Shop

jason walcott
05-04-2005, 9:59 PM
This is my outdoor shop when spring/summer/fall arrive. It is a wopping 4'9" wide and 19' long. I have most of my loud machines out there since the rest of my shop is in my basement. The noise and dust was driving my wife nuts!. The garage shop took some planning to get my planer/jointer/tablesaw/router table/mortiser/and finally the oscillating sander. O also a few cabinets and a small bench. I have just wired a new panel with 220v for the tablesaw and jointer. Here are a few pics of my "HUGE" garage shop.:D PS Thanks everone for there help with my pulley problem. I have not yet got the saw going yet but I am getting closer. Sometime around cristmas it should be ready.:rolleyes:

Jeff Sudmeier
05-05-2005, 8:16 AM
Jason, I am amazed at the space you have to work!

There are woodworkers that work out of cargo containers from ships. Great job on improvising to keep your hobby alive!

Jerry Olexa
05-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Jason, you have a passion for your hobby and you've adapted well. I too have a smaller garage shop for working sheet goods, planer, sander etc esp in the warmer weather. Nice job!!

David Fried
05-05-2005, 11:22 AM
While the space may have drawbacks, it's still nice to have a dedicated space, especially if it helps keep the peace! Sounds ideal for long skinny projects! Think oars, tall clocks, etc..