PDA

View Full Version : Where are my Delta parts!?

Mark Duksta
02-20-2013, 4:01 PM
Rant on.

What is up with getting spare parts from Delta? I ordered a couple of Delta parts through Servicenet. They are in stock. This I confirmed by calling Servicenet. The Servicenet website said they would ship within two business days. That was three weeks ago. When I spoke to the Servicenet guys they said some customers are waiting a year for their parts.

Apparently getting Delta parts is a problem even if they are in stock. I have two Delta machines. I think these will be the last two.

Rant off.

Kevin Bourque
02-20-2013, 4:40 PM
I ordered a special blade loosening/ tightening wrench for my Delta thickness planer. I forget who I ordered it from. It's been about 9 years now. I'm gonna go check the mailbox BRB.

Matt Meiser
02-20-2013, 4:41 PM
That was at least 3 owners ago!

Peter Quinn
02-20-2013, 4:52 PM
I wish you could attribute this to the pains of transitioning to new ownership, but I will tell you as a guy that owns three major delta shop machines of a certain age, they have stunk for a long time. I have been divesting of their machines for just this reason. Never going to buy another. On the bright side, they last a long time and I have needed relatively few parts to keep them going.

Gus Dundon
02-20-2013, 4:54 PM
What's going on with Delta exactly ?

Matt Day
02-20-2013, 8:12 PM
I know it's too late, but I would suggest getting parts from ereplacementparts. I've had good service from them in the past.

Ryan Baker
02-20-2013, 8:38 PM
Yeah, it seems like almost all of their parts are out of stock, and the ones that are listed as in stock really aren't. Delta really has ecome pretty useless for new tools now. But I really hope somebody sorts out the parts mess because there is a pretty big pipeline of old Delta machines out there in the wild that are starting to have bits fail.

As Matt said, there are a handful of other parts suppliers out there that are worth checking too. Just be careful to check stock. A lot of them are wiped out on Delta stock now too. Once the stock is gone it is not being replaced.

Alan Schaffter
02-20-2013, 9:36 PM
Just guessing here- I suspect the blame for problems can be spread among all three parties mentioned here. The new owners of Delta may have contracted with ServiceNet to handle parts for all machines sold by the previous owners (Stanley, Black&Decker, Dewalt, Delta-Pentair, etc). The new Delta may not have received a full inventory old parts. It may be that the new Delta is not selling newer versions of the old machines so has put less priority on old machines. It may also be that some parts are still coming from the previous owners and that their inventory control on parts for machines they no longer sell might not be the best. And finally, ServiceNet is a huge independent corporation that provides parts and repair management for many companies- they may be caught in the middle.

Thomas Hotchkin
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Rant on.

What is up with getting spare parts from Delta? I ordered a couple of Delta parts through Servicenet. They are in stock. This I confirmed by calling Servicenet. The Servicenet website said they would ship within two business days. That was three weeks ago. When I spoke to the Servicenet guys they said some customers are waiting a year for their parts.

Apparently getting Delta parts is a problem even if they are in stock. I have two Delta machines. I think these will be the last two.

Rant off.

Mark
If you have a Dewalt Service Center near you. You can order your parts from them, check on available, have it shipped to service center. paid no $$$ up front, and no shipping charges.

Mark Duksta
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Thomas, I asked about going that route. They said they are in the same boat. They would have to wait on the parts also. The service center is in the next city over. I would be willing to take a drive to get the parts.

Alan, I believe you're right. Servicenet is caught in the middle.

Matt, I've been looking at all the various parts suppliers online. Even called a few places. It seems Delta parts are just not available.

It's a bandsaw that I'm trying to fix. The part costs $7.00, a pulley. A special pulley. One that appears to be made specifically for the bandsaw.

I have a plan to rig it. Maybe it will work. Maybe I should sell it for parts. It looks like there is a demand.

Matt Day
02-21-2013, 2:02 PM
Did you try Iturra?

Myk Rian
02-21-2013, 2:58 PM
It's a bandsaw that I'm trying to fix. The part costs $7.00, a pulley. A special pulley. One that appears to be made specifically for the bandsaw.

Put up a WTB ad.
What pulley is it?

Cary Falk
02-21-2013, 6:01 PM
Welcome to the new Delta.:D

Tony Zaffuto
02-21-2013, 7:06 PM
To be fair, if they have the parts, they do ship quickly! This past fall, I had a few pieces needed for my 3HP shaper. In stock and received within 3 or 4 days.

Paul Wunder
02-21-2013, 7:39 PM
The message I take away from this is to avoid the original offender; that is, do not buy anything under the umbrella of: Stanley, B&D, Porter Cable, Dewalt, Delta, Pentair, etc.

First of all, which brand will be the next Corporate orphan

Second of all, it appears that this divorce was not handled well

Third of all it appears that Delta, when it was owned by Stanley was not recently supportive of its brand.

Conclusion: Why would I want to invest my long-term tool dollars into a firm with a very short term view of its customers? Just sayin'.

Todd Brewer
02-21-2013, 8:37 PM
The "New" Delta took almost 9 months to process my $100 rebate. Only after posting about that here and on Amazon did they send my check. They tried to make me feel guilty by saying others were pushed behind me. What a crock!

I will never buy another Delta or Beisemeyer (owned by Delta) product as long as I live. Many other comparable or better products out there.

Kevin Guarnotta
02-22-2013, 8:38 AM
I would second the - "Don't buy Delta" mantra.
I got a Delta Drill press last November. It was missing a couple minor parts. I can still use it, but it is not right. I called the local service center, and have been waiting since then for the parts. Numerous calls from me, and just as many excuses from them. I would not buy Delta again.

Tony Zaffuto
02-22-2013, 9:53 AM
Are you guys referring to "new" Delta or vintage machines? Hopefully for all Delta, because then that will leave more vintage Delta for the rest of us!!!!!!

Myk Rian
02-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Are you guys referring to "new" Delta or vintage machines?
The new Delta, since it was sold to a Chinese group, or at least most of it was.

The problem today is companies being bought up by marketing concerns.
The manufacturers are completely out of the picture now.

Todd Brewer
02-23-2013, 6:35 PM
Tony, You can have all the vintage and "new" Delta you want. No more for me!

Larry Presnell
02-23-2013, 9:15 PM
I have a 46-460 lathe & the on/off swictch is going bad. Called local service center & they said it was no longer available, discontinued. Will also never buy a Delta product again.

Curt Harms
02-24-2013, 8:20 AM
It kinda looks like Delta is following the path of Bell & Howell and Polaroid, among others. Once a strong quality U.S. brand, now trading on past glories. I hope the guys in S. Carolina can turn it around. I recall a guy in the midwest somwhere buying container(s) load of vintage Delta parts at scrap prices. If he hadn't bought them, they would have indeed been scrap. I don't recall his name.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-11-2013, 11:17 PM
A month or so ago, for the 2nd time, I broke the handle on my Delta SCMS. I was able to repair it with epoxy the first time. That wasn't an option this time. So I ordered some parts from Delta. I received the common message........moving warehouse......delays for "X" weeks due to move.

Well.....last week, the first 1/2 of the handle arrived and I compared it to the original....."Oh great! Waited for the wrong part.":mad:

This afternoon the 2nd 1/2 of the handle arrived. I opened the box "Oh great! Wrong part #2!" :mad:

Then I looked a little closer! They had redesigned the handle and I got the updated version which I believe is stronger and wil last longer. Oops!:o

The good news......Delta parts are shipping once again!:)

Julie Moriarty
03-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Yesterday I went on the Delta website, just to see what they are selling nowadays.

BTW, I just received a new infeed roller for my lunchbox planer that took several weeks to arrive. I got it from ereplacementparts.com.

Anyway, I remember in the 90's Delta had a pretty impressive array of woodworking tools that went from the weekend warrior stuff to some serious commercial machines. Not any longer. It's all low ticket items and a smattering of slightly more serious machines. I feel lucky I was able to get the parts I needed. When it comes time for replacing the machine, Delta is off the list.

Keith Christopher
03-11-2013, 11:39 PM
second for e replacement parts . com

I have a 14-651 mortiser and the power switch decided to start smoking so I ordered a new on from here and got it quick and it's after a few minutes it was back in working condition.

I like my old machines. my porter cable plunge router is SO nice I will cry when it finally dies.

guess I'll have to start switching to festool.

Joe Hillmann
03-12-2013, 12:12 AM
I have a delta planer that I need new motor parts for. Looking online isn't working for me so far. Last week I needed a piece of tool steel I went out the the shed and pulled the blades out of the planer to use that and threw the rest of the planer into the scrap iron pile. A couple hours later I changed my mind and pulled it out of the pile and put the blades back in but I have a feeling that pretty soon it is going to go back into that pile and I won't change my mind. If Ken is right and they are shipping parts again maybe it is a good thing I saved it.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-12-2013, 1:09 AM
For the record, when I ordered the parts from Delta, I looked at ereplacmentparts.com and they showed none in stock and no estimated date of future stock. Delta showed stock BUT I had read about Delta's part problem. I was in no hurry so I ordered from Delta. As I said earlier, I got emails from them saying "Warehouse move has delayed parts shipments." I am not trying suggest anyone order from Delta, just merely reporting though there was a delay, I did get the parts I ordered 6-8 weeks ago.

Kevin Guarnotta
03-12-2013, 8:57 AM
I'm still waiting on parts I ordered last November. I got one out of the 4 parts I ordered. So maybe some of the parts are shipping, but not all. I'd say I am turned off enough to never buy a Delta tool again.

Andy Fox
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
After 3 months waiting for Delta to ship (find? manufacture???) my X5 bandsaw parts, I canceled the order and ordered them from Mike's Tools. They shipped that day, and I had my bandsaw working again within a week.

Almost all of my stationary tools are Delta, but I'm definitely going to try to avoid buying any new Delta stuff.

Mark Burnette
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
I just received my rebate for the drill press I bought 10 months ago :(
I've had parts on order for my 14-651 mortiser for 3 weeks...I'm hopeful I won't have to wait quite THAT long to get it up & running again!

Rich Riddle
03-12-2013, 9:31 PM
Use another source for your parts rather than the "new" Delta folks. Competition's a good thing.