PDA

View Full Version : Tall Clock

Donnie Raines
05-04-2005, 9:07 PM
Well...for those that I have been exchangeing PM's with..I think I kept calling this clock a "Shaker" tall clock. Clearly it is not that. But, it does look very much like a clock my wife and I really enjoyed at a historic home here in Milford. It is made of ash and pianted with Milk paint topped with lacquer. The clock face was recycled from a yard sale find.... :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
05-04-2005, 9:11 PM
That's a very unique piece, Donnie...I don't think I've ever seen one with a crown like that! Nice job.

Corey Hallagan
05-04-2005, 10:18 PM
That is a very unusual clock with a very different bonnet on it. Nice work, the finish looks great as well!

Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
05-05-2005, 8:21 AM
Donnie, that is a one of a kind clock! I have never seen one like it, but I sure do like it! :)

thomas prevost
05-05-2005, 8:58 AM
Neat!! Nice work on the finish.

Donnie Raines
05-05-2005, 4:05 PM
Thanks for the post guys. The blue paint is not as bold as it appears in the photo...thank my hi quailty camera for that. The top was the hardest thing to settle on. At first, my wife and I were not sure how well we liked the top of the item at the historical house. After a few trips the top grew on us.

Thanks again for the comments.

Carl Eyman
05-05-2005, 9:55 PM
Love it, Donnie

Steve Wargo
05-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Pretty neat design, and nice execution. It sort of resembles a chess piece.

Gary Whitt
05-06-2005, 8:44 AM
Nice job !!!!

I love making clocks.

One can be as creative as they want when designing them.

Mark Singer
05-06-2005, 9:42 AM
Very nice...great work Donnie!

David Hayes
05-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Donnie,
Very interesting piece. Nice job on the execution of the "reproduction". Glad to see you are still doing good woodworking.

Have you gotten to a point where you have been reaquiring equipment?
Dave

Donnie Raines
05-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Donnie,
Very interesting piece. Nice job on the execution of the "reproduction". Glad to see you are still doing good woodworking.

Have you gotten to a point where you have been reaquiring equipment?
Dave

David,

The shop is coming back together. The issue now is time...or lack thereof...more so then funds. I actually view the "experience" as a blessing: my new shop was in my garage and I really did not like working in the garage. So I have bought some smaller equipment and been working in my basement. Not that this much better(my old house was a detached shop... :( ) but it is better then the garage.

Thanks for the comments.