PDA

View Full Version : 4/4 Curly Yellow Birch Lumber Donated

Keith Outten
05-04-2005, 7:49 PM
Mike Mastin is sending 10 bf of 4/4 curly Yellow Birch to us for an SMC SwapMeet drawing prize. Figured Hardwood Lumber from Curly Woods in Texas will make a really nice prize for some lucky woodworker.

Thanks to Mike for his generous donation, those of you who don't know Mike he is a member of SMC and has a great supply of the good stuff, you know the wood you dream of using for those extra special projects.

http://www.curlywoods.com/

Tom Pritchard
05-04-2005, 8:35 PM
Keith, I just visited their site and signed up for their "Curly Woods New Arrivals/Specials Email List". I told them how impressed I was with their generous support of Saw Mill Creek, and I will definitely place an order with them in the near future as a result of their support!

Thanks for sharing!

Keith Outten
05-05-2005, 2:21 AM
Tom,

Me Too! I hope to contact Mike after the SwapMeet and order some special lumber for a small job I hope to be able to tackle soon. Normally I am hesitant concerning ordering wood sight unseen but I trust Mike and I'm willing to bet he will do a better job selecting wood for my project than I could.

If you look at the list of companies that have donated prizes for our FreeStuff Program and our SwapMeet you will find that these are the companies who really are interested in working with our woodworking community and they will be the best place to invest your trust over the long haul. Whenever we call them and ask for their support they are always happy to donate. I think they honestly understand what SMC is really about and can see the long term advantage of being part of our community. Another thing to consider is how much support the Freedom Pens Project has received from these same business people, Mike has hosted Turn-A-Thons, donated lumber and many have helped us financially when we needed their help the most.

We are very fortunate to have these folks in our corner.

Mike Mastin
05-05-2005, 10:18 AM
I have tried to do what I can to help out SMC with giveaways and promotional items. I enjoy this forum, even though my posting time has been limited of late :)

I hope that everyone that attends the SMC Swap Meet enjoys a great time and fellowship!