PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Image Printing

Jerry Thompson
02-18-2013, 3:00 PM
I would like to know what program I can use to print letters in mirror image. My intent is to print and then with a hot iron see if they will transfer to wood. Barring that I read a long time ago a man ran the 1/40th'' veneer through his printer with good results.
I have Photo Shop 7, Word, and Word Perfect. My printer does not offer mirror imaging.

Lee Schierer
02-18-2013, 4:49 PM
If you use your word processor and print the file then scan it into a jpeg format, Adobe Photoshop elements will flip the image to be mirror image.

Grant Wilkinson
02-18-2013, 5:30 PM
I have a more recent version of Photoshop, but I think in 7, you can create the text and flip it horizontally, all within photoshop. If you cannot do that in 7, email me the text and I should be able to do it for you.

Jerry Thompson
02-18-2013, 6:59 PM
Thank you,

Jim O'Dell
02-18-2013, 9:05 PM
Open Office has a reverse print mode in the printer settings. Broderbund Photo Shop does it because we did transfer material for T-shirts one time. Either one should work for you to try. Open Office is a free download, full program. Jim.

Mike Cogswell
02-19-2013, 3:56 PM
I would like to know what program I can use to print letters in mirror image. My intent is to print and then with a hot iron see if they will transfer to wood. Barring that I read a long time ago a man ran the 1/40th'' veneer through his printer with good results.
I have Photo Shop 7, Word, and Word Perfect. My printer does not offer mirror imaging.

If you are a Windows user you can enable mirror image printing under the "Advanced" button in the printer preferences.

Donna Klinton
10-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi there
For me ,i usually print the image (http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/imaging-saving-printing/) using an image program,which supports to print image effectively.
But i've never tried to print mirror image.I believe there must be an image program for that.If there is a good
recommendation,i'd also like to have a try.

Myk Rian
10-27-2013, 10:48 PM
If you are a Windows user you can enable mirror image printing under the "Advanced" button in the printer preferences.
^^^^This^^^^

Samuel Jones
10-31-2013, 2:37 PM
^^^^This^^^^

I agree, SUCH WAY

Ed Aumiller
10-31-2013, 8:14 PM
Tried that... Reversed a name in WORD, printed it out on a Kodak 5250 printer...
Took to shop and tried to iron it on cherry, maple, walnut, poplar...
Did not transfer to any of them..

Walmart sells paper to do this for T-Shirts... did not try that yet on wood...

Good luck..

Mike Olson
11-04-2013, 8:05 AM
I found this video a while ago but it needs a Laser printer or Copier and uses Acetone to transfer the image to wood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kj3X0vLWtEY

Myk Rian
11-04-2013, 8:11 AM
If it isn't a complicated design, I'll use carbon paper and trace the pattern.
2'x4' sheets are available for scroll saw work.
Or, do it like you would for scrolling. A light coat of spray glue.
Lay the pattern on, make your cuts, remove the pattern pieces and glue.