PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
02-18-2013, 9:07 AM
18 Feb 2013

Good Morning Everyone,

I'd like to say this morning...that I'm happy. Tired, but happy. I come off oncall duty this morning. I enjoy what I do, it just the office politics that I happen to dislike very much. ;)

All I've done this week is work. I worked some across the weekend but not as much as during the week. For that, I'm very thankful.

My youngest son turns 16 next month and I sold his 250cc motorcycle and bought him an 1100cc cruiser motorcycle. It needs some TLC and some servicing, but overall it should be a good bike for him. He's excited about being able to legally move up to a bigger bike and I'm happy because he will be able to ride with the other motorcyclists that we ride with during the year. Pictures will be coming once we get him all setup.

No woodworking this past weekend for me. What did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!

Matt Meiser
02-18-2013, 9:34 AM
Saturday I went out to pick up some prefinished ply for my parents' cabinetry project. My local supplier is switching from prefinished maple to prefinished birch so we bought the rest of the maple to match the stuff we'd already used. When I left the house it was sunny and cold. 2 miles from the supplier the roads were wet and parking lots were snow covered. By the time I left, visibility was down to a 1/4 mile. Then within 15 minutes it was sunny again. That was just long enough to make a huge mess on the local freeways though as there were 20 and 30 car pileups on both freeways leading into SE Michigan. Luckily the streets I was one weren't bad.

Sunday I did some stuff around the house, the most noteable of which was probably flushing the hot water heater--yeah, that boring of a day. In the late afternoon/evening I worked on drawings for my parents' projects but they also said they aren't ready to move forward on them right at the moment so I'm trying to figure out a new project. Gut a couple in mind for our own house.

Joe Shinall
02-18-2013, 4:11 PM
I was out in the cold weather enjoying myself. Saturday I got the shop cleaned up some and then it started to rain and bad winds so I shut everything down and went inside to enjoy a cup of coffee. Sunday morning I went out to my wood supplier and picked up about 100 board feet of Cherry and clear pine rough cuts for some bookcases I want to build. Already dry so just acclimating to the shop for a few weeks. Then baseball practice in 41 degrees with a wind chill of 29 that afternoon...in short sleeves might I add. Love the 3 days or so we get of cold weather every few weeks here.

Bruce Wrenn
02-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Saturday, spent the day with wife watching it snow. In the afternoon, watched some round ball. That evening, took pizza over to wife's dad (he's 92.) Helped him with a shower (he has a broken arm from a fall.) Sunday, cut out a hundred fifty Toys for Tot's cars and planed some stock for tomorrow night's job. Replaced bearings in upper wheel on band saw. Replaced the thermostat in one car and my truck. Both jobs involved digging out a broken bolt. Fun , fun!

Brent Ring
02-19-2013, 2:40 PM
Finished my Reloading bench! Now If I could just find reloading supplies.... :)))

Jim O'Dell
02-19-2013, 9:31 PM
I worked on the TV antenna rebuild from the let's see if it will work cobbled wood version, to the all aluminum version that won't deteriorate as fast. Finished the basic unit Sunday afternoon, the final soldering last night, and the adjustments tonight. Now I need some daylight to put it back on the roof. Probably Sat. Missed the one day of warm weather Sunday to get another coat of Waterlox on my parent's table leaf. And I wanted to resaw some oak to build a toy box. Just not enough time in the weekend! Jim.