PDA

View Full Version : Vision Windows 1.31ZX used for ROLAND EGX-400

Vladimir Belis
02-18-2013, 6:38 AM
Hello Guys!
We will buy new engraver, Roland EGX-400, but we are looking good software for it /not Dr. Engrave/.. One company offer us Cipher /Vision/ software for it, but I downloaded Vision software to try, it can be good for us, but I have worries, because I didn't find any possibility to choose Roland machine.. Problem is, that we will buy machine in one country /price reasons/ and we have offered software in other country and they will not sell us software separately /without machine/..
Does somebody have experience with using Vision software with Roland EGX-400?

Thanks!

Rodne Gold
02-18-2013, 7:33 AM
You can use Coreldraw , all the rolands have drivers for it. Engravelab is also good , but expensiveish.
http://support.rolanddga.com/_layouts/rolandreports/_productsupportsearch.aspx?pf=Engraving%20Machines&pm=EGX-400/600
for the drivers and other support.

Mike Null
02-18-2013, 8:35 AM
I believe the Vision software and Engravlab are the same. I would be concerned about using Corel because of the lack of engraving fonts. Corel is great for vector graphics. In my opinion vastly superior to Engravlab but Engravlab is outstanding for working with fonts. I should add that I have had Engravlab for a lengthy period but haven't developed a skill level near to that I have with Corel.

Rodne Gold
02-18-2013, 8:58 AM
We also got it for our CnC's and the Roland , engravelab , signlab and profilelab. I still do everything in Corel tho, only import the cdr into Profilelab for our big router..it does the back end quite well
I find the *.lab software is not so hot for designing but I have old versions , wasn't prepared to pay an arm and a leg for the latest upgrades
I use those stickfont things for single line engraving in Corel , otherwise all the other fonts work well.

Bob Davis
04-10-2015, 11:34 PM
I only just found this post while searching for something totally unrelated....but YES is the definite answer.
I've had an EGX400 running on Cipher for about 8 years now, and it works fine. Of course you need a special driver, but my distributor supplied without issue.