PDA

View Full Version : Shop Made Jigs for Incra Fence

Ron Willmert
02-17-2013, 6:47 PM
My search-foo must be weak, I can't find any examples of how people are attaching shop made jigs to an Incra TS-LS table saw fence. There are no through-holes in the fence, so I'm not sure how you attach a jig to it in a way that would allow you to snug the jig up to the fence. I thought of putting a nylon bolt into the jig and having the head of the bolt ride in the T-track of the fence, but in that configuration, it seems like there would be a lot of futzing with the bolt to get it just right (take the jig off the fence, turn the bolt, put it back on the fence, test, lather, rinse, repeat). Does anyone have an example of how you've attached a tenoning jig to an Incra fence?

Jim O'Dell
02-17-2013, 10:26 PM
There are oval nuts that will ride in the T-track groove that you then run a machine screw into. Like these: http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/ProductPage2.aspx?id=2003911&ProdId=20835& You still have to be careful and match the length of the machine screw, but you can use a countersink head machine screw and set it just below the surface if you need to have a flat plane for something to ride on, like say an auxiliary or sacrificial fence. Jim.